Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lone Survivor

Much better than I expected it to be!

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    those stuntman should all get oscars. i mean come on jumping down that cliff looked really real to me...

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by midality View Post
    those stuntman should all get oscars. i mean come on jumping down that cliff looked really real to me...
    Yeah, there's like no way falling down a hill could be faked in a movie with a $40Million budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    On the other hand,I thought that was one of the most ridiculous things about the firefight.

Basically in the movie the soldiers were presented as just tossing themselves down the hill without any thought of trying to stay on their feet.

According to Luttrell,they took extreme risk as they didn't really have any choice but it was more "jumping" down than flailing around like fish out of water.

Still better than the entirely fictional village battle which took the term "coincidence" to a new level.
    ie The main bad guy history tells us lived for several years past this point so Hollywood needed to crate a secondary villain to kill and give the audience some sense of retribution.
    Oh course this lessens the message of the movie,that duty sometimes requires unrewarded sacrifice but hey what the fuck that's less important than selling tickets by putting a smile Joe Public's fat face.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-28-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    I thought it was extremely intense but at times was just begging for something to happen because scenes would drag on. I also question the accuracy of many things that happened. That be said everyone needs to watch this movie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12