Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4K TV Sets

Has anyone got a 4K TV yet? Do you really see a difference in quality?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Hi mate, I have a 65" Sony 4K set and TBH, it is a good TV, though the tech was maybe a little rushed to market. PQ is awesome and 3D is superb on it (passive). A lot of dough but worth it to me!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbondnj007 View Post
    Has anyone got a 4K TV yet? Do you really see a difference in quality?
    saw one in best buy, while the picture quality is stunning 99% of people won't be able to justify the outlay until they come down to the same kinda prices 1080 sets are at, stand back a bit and there's not enough difference to justify it

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I think you need a TV of at least 72 inches(at typical viewing distance) to even see a slight difference over 1080p.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    There's a chart that has been going around : http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/20...tion_chart.jpg .

Most people stand so away from the screen that they shouldn't be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.
    OLED is a real improvement, not 4K.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I thought HDMI 1.4 limits 4K/UHD resolutions to 30fps? And I'm not aware of any sets that incorporate the 2.0 spec yet?

Ars recently released an article on those new curved displays which was interesting: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/...th-curved-tvs/

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    The picture quality on the 4K Sony tv i saw in the shop was amazing. My main concern is how 720p and perhaps also 1080p movies will look on these 4K tv's. Some older dvd's I bought more than 10 years ago doesn't look too good on my 1080P tv so I worry the same will happen again. If it's noticable difference in picture quality when playing blu-rays I might just stick to 1080p for as long as I can. Luckily i kept a few CRT tv's for VHS and those DVD's.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    I thought HDMI 1.4 limits 4K/UHD resolutions to 30fps? And I'm not aware of any sets that incorporate the 2.0 spec yet?

Ars recently released an article on those new curved displays which was interesting: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/...th-curved-tvs/

Yeah... I'd wait for HDMI 2.0. A coworker got one of the SEIKI 4K TV as a monitor for work, but he's having a hard time purchasing a video card to drive it (it's a company so there's a lot of friction in getting things like that).

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    The tech is still too new for me to take the plunge, I agree on waiting for HDMI 2.0. From what I've seen, I can't see differences 50" or so or smaller in screen size. I'm sure it will make a huge difference on those 72" screens, though... The ones I see in Costco look horrible!

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I'd like a 4k monitor but they're still too expensive at the moment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast