Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking old VHS film "A Savage Hunger"

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by sadsack View Post

(I don't really know much about Chris Makepeace, A lot of people seem to rate him, but he's only been in a couple of film's afaik)
    Makepeace was a Canadian child actor who starred in a couple pretty famous movies,:Meatballs- a summer camp movie notable that it was a vehicle for a young Bill Murray worth a view if you like him -also Meatballs became a bit of a franchise( of rapidly decreasing quality ,the first one being by far the best) and My Bodyguard which is notable for as far as I know being the first film appearance of Adam Baldwin,who you would probably know as Jayne Cobb from Firefly/Serenity or John Casey on Chuck.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    I know Adam Baldwin from several movies, but I've never seen Firefly...Heard it's pretty damn good though. I Might just DL the first season & start on that tonight. Hell, I might even watch this one, even though it doesn't really look like my cup of tea.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Also Cinemageddon is well worth belonging to if you like oldish 60's -80's or b-movies in general.
    It's got a reputation of being the home of schlock but there's a lot more to it than that.
    There are Hidden Gems,Adventure and Martial Arts sections and you can find a lot of stuff there that you can't find any place else as people there appreciate movies and actually root out stuff.

Some of the members do scare me though.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-21-2014 at 01:11 AM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    I resemble that remark

Yeah, I would highly recommend CG. Lot's of unusual & hard-to-find things there. Karagarga is another one that's good for non-mainstream things, & also lots of documentary's.
    Last edited by teflon05; 01-21-2014 at 01:07 AM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    I know Adam Baldwin from several movies, but I've never seen Firefly...Heard it's pretty damn good though. I Might just DL the first season & start on that tonight. Hell, I might even watch this one, even though it doesn't really look like my cup of tea.
    Baldwin's been in a ton of stuff,another one is Angel.He's one of those actors that people immediately reconize even though they probably couldn't tell you his name to save their life.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    I resemble that remark
    Well you should,bro,well you should.

Also thanks for doing the nice thing for the wank.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-21-2014 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    No problem

Every time I see Adam Balwin, I think of My Bodyguard, even though I think most people identify him with Animal mother & Full Metal Jacket

He was also in Independence Day, although it wasn't much more than a bit part. He's never been a lead man in any movie that I'm aware of though. Not sure about his TV appearances...

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    This is a weird one teflon05.., I don't usually have any problems at all, spped was very good, took just over 7 mins to download, but after each download I get this error,:

'C:\_2_burn\uk weather\The Oasis (1984).avi' - The transfer of this file was unsuccessful and resulted in a corrupted file. It is recommended to restart this transfer.

within the program it says this..

227 Entering Passive Mode (x,x9,x2,x1,x3,x3). (I put in the x's)
    RETR The Oasis (1984).avi
    150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for The Oasis (1984).avi (1121560576 bytes)
    226 Transfer complete
    XSHA1 "The Oasis (1984).avi"
    250 699066B27CCD85F873B3C6AC4F85B7970B979C61
    'C:\_2_burn\uk weather\The Oasis (1984).avi' - The transfer of this file was unsuccessful and resulted in a corrupted file. It is recommended to restart this transfer.

Let me have a quick look at the file, as there is a chance there's nothing wrong with it....

Media Info seems fine:

General
    Complete name : C:\_2_burn\uk weather\The Oasis (1984).avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 1.04 GiB
    Duration : 1h 32mn
    Overall bit rate : 1 619 Kbps
    Writing library : Boilsoft Joiner build 2411/release

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Simple@L3
    Format settings, BVOP : No
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Codec ID : XVID
    Codec ID/Hint : XviD
    Bit rate : 1 479 Kbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 3:2
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.143
    Stream size : 977 MiB (91%)
    Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Mode : Joint stereo
    Mode extension : MS Stereo
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Video delay : 16ms
    Stream size : 84.6 MiB (8%)
    Alignment : Split accross interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 33 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms

Both downloads were identical and play fine, must have been just a glitch with fireftp.....
    Thanks very much teflon05.... --- I have closed the ftp down now.

cheers,
    sadsack.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Yeah, I just dl'ed it with SmartFTP & didn't have a problem.
    Glad it worked out for you & you're welcome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12