Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: good action movie

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Now you and philquad argue how Saving Private Ryan isn't a War movie as it's first tag on IMDB is "action" and Apocalypse Now isn't a War movie because it's too far-fetched.
    As for some awards putting it in the "Action" category I'm going out on the making sense limb and say that's probably because there's no War Movie category to submit it in.I'm also going to assume that if you're bright enough to understand that action movies can encompass various sub-genres so can War movies.

Anyway isn't genre simply a term for what a film best embraces? That's why The Warriors is a Western even though it isn't .

Action movies usually have some revenge aspect and like video games a bunch of minor boss fights leading up to a final one. That's why you can call Aliens "Action" even though it's set in outer space and why a lot of movies people have listed here aren't.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-16-2015 at 02:07 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #102
    Jackamabob's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by batman05 View Post
    i second Equalizer, looking forward to the sequel. I thought Fury was quite good. (i quite liked David Ayers previous movie Sabatoge as well. ) and a slightly older one thats probably already been mentioned... The Raid 2.
    The Raid movies were so good. The first one was very awesome and violent. The second one was even better.
    You can't take the sky from me

3. Movies & TV   -   #103
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    No it wasn't,Roger Ebert.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #104
    John Wick and Equalizer are my recent movie choices. Well made action movies. No great plots.

5. Movies & TV   -   #105
    New version of Total Recall

6. Movies & TV   -   #106
    Quote Originally Posted by incaved View Post
    John Wick and Equalizer are my recent movie choices. Well made action movies. No great plots.
    they wernt bad

7. Movies & TV   -   #107
    For over the top and just rife with one liners Shoot Em Up.

8. Movies & TV   -   #108
    On Golden Pond. An absolutely action-packed movie. So much violence and mayhem. It is unreal. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

9. Movies & TV   -   #109
    REcently I watched Non-Stop. Quite a nice movie. Equalizer is also worth watching.

10. Movies & TV   -   #110
    well i like game of death.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast