Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: good action movie

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Not being versed in matters theatrical or that thespian soliloquy shit, I think a lot of the movie was lost on me. My takeaway was Ed Norton needs to act in more movies and Emma Stone should eat a sandwich (or 3).

BTW, any reviews that note the film's meta-commentary like it's some kind of profundity are just as annoying as those American Sniper meatheads.
    Emma could have made the investment in time somewhat worthwhile by getting her tits out, but sadly, we didn't even get that for our efforts. And, yeah, I got the whole meta-actor thingy (they kinda beat us over the head with it, didn't they), I just couldn't give more than a 1/4 fuk about it.

I was busy putting together a toolchest when the movie finished, so the whole credits ran through. At the end, there was some blurb about how [this film provided hundreds of jobs, and required hundreds of thousands of man-hours to complete]. Like making a film is something above and beyond anything else. How about we start calculating the total man-hours it takes to put a pizza together- from growing wheat, to raising cattle, to pumping fuel for vehicles that were also driven by people, to curing the pepperoni, processing cheese from dairy products, growing vegetables, etc...

Self-important pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

I hesitated on recommending Nightcrawler because I didn't expect others would enjoy it as much as I did. One of those, "Why did you tell me that was good?!?!" kind of shows. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it interesting.
    Reprehensible bottom feeding protagonist in a decidedly downbeat movie.Like where do I sign up?
    I knew it would not be to your liking, Idol. The only counter to your comment is that the film stands as a critique of the industry, and its complete lack of ethics. Garbage in; garbage out. But who wants to watch a bunch of stories about kittehs getting rescued from trees?

Besides you, that is...
    Last edited by megabyteme; 01-30-2015 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #122
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post

Totally agree!

(What is your take cinematography and screenplay wise on "Nightcrawler"...thumbs up, thumbs down or just delete?)
    Great movie. Gyllenhaal is riveting. Real shame he wasn't nominated. All the nighttime shots look good, reminded me of Michael Mann's night cityscape stuff.
    Right on the spot again my friend! VERY enjoyable!

(Reminds me... well of me before I went on meds...)
    Last edited by Stehle; 02-03-2015 at 12:19 AM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #123
    Poster
    "The Equalizer" - a interesting remake of the Edward Woodward series of the 80's - I wonder if there will be more?

Which also reminds me of one of Denzel's earlier action films, "Man on Fire"

4. Movies & TV   -   #124
    John Wick !

5. Movies & TV   -   #125
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by madjock View Post
    John Wick !
    Quick! I need an actual death count for a bet!

(...and just because he is laying unmoving prone on the ground that he is. Two or three taps with a 9mm in the head counts though.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

6. Movies & TV   -   #126

7. Movies & TV   -   #127
    mission impossible 1/2/3/4

8. Movies & TV   -   #128
    jumanji nonstop thrills

9. Movies & TV   -   #129
    You can never go wrong with the classic... Die Hard

10. Movies & TV   -   #130
    Quote Originally Posted by madjock View Post
    John Wick !
    This was pretty decent for a recently released movie