Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic home audio stuffs (mbm and co.)

Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Basement pics here - http://imgur.com/a/Avh9J

Damn. Wish I had that kind of space but would have to lose the cat regardless.... I too am from a prologic (meg) world so therefore far out of date (who need 5:1 really). Them ears don`t work so well when old anyway but sure your man cave will work out sweet

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Prologic was actually a very clever, early system. It used two channels for the main speakers, then took everything that was common to both channels and sent that to the center channel. Surround information was derived from an out-of-phase track in the audio. Granted, not discrete digital like you youngsters have , but was pretty cool by design.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Spent over £1000 on my AV amp back in the day. My Denon Prologic AV Amp has not let me down for about 20 years now. You get what you pay for

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Basement pics here - http://imgur.com/a/Avh9J

Damn. Wish I had that kind of space but would have to lose the cat regardless.... I too am from a prologic (meg) world so therefore far out of date (who need 5:1 really). Them ears don`t work so well when old anyway but sure your man cave will work out sweet
    And that's leaving about a third of the room (or more) out of the pic. It's long as fk.

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    And that's leaving about a third of the room (or more) out of the pic. It's long as fk.
    I don't think you'd get bad results attaching the rears to your wall about 4 ft to each side of the couch, about 2-3 ft above the listening position. Nobody wants a speaker right in their ear. My rears are all the way back in the corners of my room and it works out fine. Let me know if you'd like any more details, Skiz.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Alrighty then. I may wait until this summer to get fully settled in and then buy the TV and M70's. After that, I'll see how things go and decided on what to do with the 45B's.

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Prologic was actually a very clever, early system. It used two channels for the main speakers, then took everything that was common to both channels and sent that to the center channel. Surround information was derived from an out-of-phase track in the audio. Granted, not discrete digital like you youngsters have , but was pretty cool by design.
    In laments terms.... Voice/Speech was channeled to center speaker front two speakers sound effects according to screen image and rear two speakers mono sound effects went in and out of the picture/image, sub was a bonus for Boom Boom!!!(passive or fancy powered at the time)

Dolby Digital 5.1 made all five channels independent hens rear 2 rear speakers now independent sound effects. Made a huge difference in sound and a massive break through in technology

Gribley.... I hope when you bought the Denon amp, they gave you a deal on the best matching laser-disc player

8. Software & Hardware   -   #68
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I don't think you'd get bad results attaching the rears to your wall about 4 ft to each side of the couch, about 2-3 ft above the listening position. Nobody wants a speaker right in their ear. My rears are all the way back in the corners of my room and it works out fine. Let me know if you'd like any more details, Skiz.
    What are these things?? When did they start making such innovative products??

Attachment 165282
    Attachment 165283

And Wow!! they even make them 2 way and paint-able now!!
    Last edited by shaina; 01-20-2016 at 01:41 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #69
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post

What are these things??
    Hell if I know.

yo

10. Software & Hardware   -   #70
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Hell if I know.
    Well if i were you, I'd learn fast and based on your setup (yes i took a glance at your basement rec room photos ), may work pretty good

Plus i put the front 2 speakers on stands a little further away from your viewing screen and adjust volumes to liking (Put your ass in the center of viewing area when adjusting so it will balance the sound effects )

Rear speakers should be behind your sitting area period(or you are just bouncing the sound back to the front wall (or that nice door opening you have there as well)remember not a theater room it is a rec room!!! you want to make that section of the basement your tv area ), hens with your couch being against the wall, in- walls may work better, and volumes could be adjusted on distance....
    Edit.... Am i blind or something?? where is the center channel speaker??

Just some suggestions Skiz....

PS.. Are you a real clean freak or something Skiz(avoided the word anal), but it does look really nice for a rec-room/family room

congrats again

Shay
    Last edited by shaina; 01-20-2016 at 02:41 AM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast