Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Searching Status.

I can tell you why Kazaa doesn't store the IP in the dat file. It's because the option 'Don't save local IPs in DAT files' (enabled by default).

I suggest to disable this option and I tell you why:
    Most likely the source you have been downloading from was a router user. This option prevents that the IPs of router/firewalled users are added to the dat file, because some people think that it's useless to store them. They think that you are not able to resume the download from these users after restarting Kazaa because they use a local (LAN) IP. But that is not true. You can resume the download as long as this source is still connected to the same supernode.
    This option also has another drawback. If you find only one source for a download, and this source has a local IP (like probably in your case), then the dat file doesn't contain a single source. Now even if you find a new source for this download, it will not resume. Instead it will start from the beginning no matter how much you have downloaded already.

IMHO this option should be disabled by default.
    <span style='color:blue'>K-Lite v2.7
    KaZuperNodes/KaNAT

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    that all makes perfect sense&#33; I will try it imediatly and let u guys know the outcome&#33;

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    sorry it took so long 2 get back 2 u guys but I couldnt find the file again&#33; I was about 2 give up all hope of finding it again but low and behold it popped up&#33; It now works a treat&#33; Now all I have 2 do is find him when he is online so I can actually download the damned file&#33; FTFakes u r a LifeSaver&#33;

P.S. Thanks 2 everyone else who tried 2 help out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12