Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    For any show that isn't Law and Order I would hope that you would need to watch the show in chronological order, otherwise it's not a very good show.

Either way I've never touched the show. I heard there's a Flash spinoff coming and I'd certainly be interested in checking it out as long as the CW doesn't fuck it up too bad (which is very, very likely).

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Interesting you mention L&O mainly because it makes me think of Boston Legal and James Spader. Anyone watch Blacklist? Is it worth grabbing the entire season 1 of the show now? I've got hopes for it, but not interested in investing time in it without hearing something first. No buzz here is not a good sign...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    I have watched it. It's your standard serialized drama fare. Case of the week, with a little bit of the overarching plot everyweek (think Burn Notice). It's a decent show with James Spader, and it would be a complete trainwreck without him. He pretty much makes the show himself. It was good enough to keep me interested, for what it's worth. Certainly not Breaking Bad or anything like that though.

Also here's the trailer for The Flash. Some standard "we've discovered humans with superpowers" stuff like most Heroes-esque shows, but it looks pretty neat otherwise.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks, Rart. I'll give both a shot and hold you responsible if they suck.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    If The Flash's broken bones heal in 3 days due to metabolic acceleration then he will live to the ripe old age of 14.

I mean seriously, why can't the terrorists target the CW and leave the lesser evil of the military-industrial complex alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    It was good enough to keep me interested, for what it's worth.
    To be fair though talking about computer fans keeps you interested.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-16-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Some standard "we've discovered humans with superpowers" stuff like most Heroes-esque shows, but it looks pretty neat otherwise.
    Why does Heroes get to serve as the archetype, why not The 4400 or some other show that predates it? Did you want to use a crap show as a basis for other potential crap shows?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    I vastly prefer The 4400 and can barely stand the gaping plot holes/stupid shit that comes with Heroes. I also hated anyone who said "at least the first season of Heroes of good" because it wasn't. It always sucked. It was awful and atrocious and I couldn't understand why anyone would watch it.

Unfortunately I was using the show as a point of reference for the standard cliches that come with most of these shows, and I felt like Heroes would be more immediately recognizable to people for the meaning I was trying to convey.

But yes, The 4400 is a much better show on all accounts and does predate Heroes.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Part of the first season of Heroes was good.

Or at least the Claire part.

So part of the Claire part of part of the first season was good.

OK I did the math and that's 18%.So 18% of the first season of Heroes was good which still beats Arrow which was only good for 4% of the first episode (0.2% total) before proceeding directly to shit.

Also why am I arguing popular culture with someone who wasn't even alive when Knight Rider was on?

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    It was good enough to keep me interested, for what it's worth.
    To be fair though talking about computer fans keeps you interested.
    That's why I said for what it's worth, dipshit.

Also why am I arguing popular culture with someone who wasn't even alive when Knight Rider was on?
    So you're talking about this show right?
    Last edited by Rart; 05-17-2014 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    No the show with David Hasselholff.You know,Baywatch.

Dipshit was a nice touch though.I assume you said it to demonstrate how on the internet I am unable to swat you like a fly as I would in real life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast