Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bomb Iraq

As a correction, Froggy, no Frenchman ever discovered America. The only French explorer I can think of was Champlain and all he got was a skinny little lake upstate.

Your claim that Americans owe the French something because Europeans discovered America is like saying we owe you something because Europeans discovered geometry. You, decidedly, are not all Europeans, you are French, and that comes with hating and being hated by most other Europeans you want to claim as part of yourself.

And more, where do French people get off telling America we're undemocratic? Need I remind you of DeGaulle and that whole martial law/Algeria thing?

I guess that's the problem, you Europeans might have the irony down, but you have terribly short memories when it suits you.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    jetje's Avatar former star
    America superpower -SJ™ ???? If they were superpower they could solve problems instead of creating them. Nice thing you said about the accident on the French embassy
    The French Embassy somehow got hit my a stray bomb
    . It shows who you really are, not much different as what you call terrorists. You just fight for the US of A cause.

edit btw who are your forfathers. Most likely they weren't native as well.

@another cadaver, yes the US are undemocratic. If they weren't they would wait and listen to what the UN (representation of THE WHOLE WORLD) is gonna decide. But hell if that turns out no war, you actually think
    your democratic governement is gonna listen to that. Don't think so so your "democratic" governement seems pretty much wanting to be the dictator of the "free" world.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    And far as I know, there were already millions of people already living here when this land was "discovered".
    But those million people didn't live long, did they?

Hell do you know how cheap you fools sold us half of America for?
    Seeing how it looks now, I think we made an excellent deal !

And don't even get me into people in African last week protesting for American internevtion against France.
    Are you talking about Ivory Coast? If you Americans want to go there & get killed for protecting people, please do! We'd be very happy to get out of this.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Hey jetje,

at least America has a policy. I read a great article in a reputable journal about French action in Africa. They are currently stationed there with full military presence, but are doing nothing to stop the civil war/genocide because, as the french soldier interviewed put it, they don't yet know who will win. Rather than side with morality or ideals, they are waiting to see who wins, and in Africa who knows how long that could take, or how many lives it will cost.

One thing is true about America--we have a moral agenda. It might now always be the best one, but at least we try.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Christ must we start again with the accusations?

I am generally dissing the French as he is the Americans, nothing personal. Nobody got killed or hurt in the French Embassy when that bomb hit and it is only conjecture that some pilot did so on purpose.

But you come back at ME with this accusation of WHO I AM, again, while we are playfully posting back and forth me and this guy.

Dude, you are starting to get on my nerves right about now, so give it a rest okay?

Just stop attacking ME PERSONALLY or I will start returning the favor jetje, for real. I am sick of it. I can't even say something in jest about an incident that happened when I was a kid without you TELLING ME WHO I AM AND WHAT I STAND FOR.

Again, go here and after you do, and you think about what I did and saw, stop COMPARING ME TO TERRORIST or we really are going to have a problem bro, and I mean that.

You are saying the WRONG thing by insinuating that, once again, and you need to check yourself buddy. I swear to god, you say anything comparing me to a terrorist again and it's ON, you got me?

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

6. Lounge   -   #26
    One thing is true about America--we have a moral agenda. It might now always be the best one, but at least we try.
    That's the difference between the US and France. You talk about moral. We talk about law and justice.

And as you know moral is something very subjective, whereas law is a more objective concept.

And I hate the way your officials always speak about God. Whose God is that? Don't you realize that Bin Ladden & co also say they act in the name of God?

France fights for ideas & ideals, not for morals & God, whoever this God is.

About Ivory Cost the ruling president is an asshole, & so are the rebels. Would you like we'd come & say "you guys are all assholes, so we decided to colonize you again and put you into direct French rule" ?

(EDIT : But anyway I don't think has a very good way of solving the problem. It seems that our president received a lot of money from Gbagbo, it puts the government into a very difficult situation!&#33

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Obviously, you shouldn't colonize again, but take some responsibility.

It is the French's fault there is currently civil war in Ivory Coast (or Cote d'Ivoire when you guys stole it).

It is the French's fault there was conflict in Vietnam (or French Indochina, or Indochine, when you guys stole that).

It was the French (with the help of the British) that drew arbitrary lines all across the Mid-East and caused a lot of the conflict there over boundaries (they speak French in Lebanon)

When you suddenly decide after centuries of playing keep up with other European colonial powers that it is wrong to subjugate entire populations to your rule, you can't just leave. What is left? No money, no infrastructure, none of this "Law and Order" you so cherish.

You can't facilitate Law and Order by wishing real hard that it will happen, you have to be active. So here, as in business, the French again fall to being lazy. I guess it goes along with their long lunch breaks and extended summer holidays.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    The bottom line is every nation has an agenda that a lot of the people don't agree with. I don't hate the French, I don't hate the Saudi's, but I disagree with their governments a lot of the time, just like I disagree with America's. But I voted, and my say was heard (minimally).

I guess I'm just tired (after travelling around Europe this summer) of trying to defend America to the rest of the world. I believe it is the greatest country on earth, and that's my right, just as it is yours to think the same about France. But don't think for an instant that all Americans agree with our policies, and don't attack us for our patriotism.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by ketoprak@12 February 2003 - 11:22
    That's the difference between the US and France. You talk about moral. We talk about law and justice.

And as you know moral is something very subjective, whereas law is a more objective concept.

And I hate the way your officials always speak about God. Whose God is that? Don't you realize that Bin Ladden & co also say they act in the name of God?

France fights for ideas & ideals, not for morals & God, whoever this God is.

About Ivory Cost the ruling president is an asshole, & so are the rebels. Would you like we'd come & say "you guys are all assholes, so we decided to colonize you again and put you into direct French rule" ?

(EDIT : But anyway I don't think has a very good way of solving the problem. It seems that our president received a lot of money from Gbagbo, it puts the government into a very difficult situation!&#33
    Bin Ladden & co also say they act in the name of God?

Bin Laden is ex CIA !

10. Lounge   -   #30
    That post did'nt work

not quite got the hang of quotes

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast