Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Bomb Iraq

SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    I'll just say this: had those planes hit in London, Paris, Brussels, Stockholm etc, you would have a much different outlook on the world.

Maybe not Iraq because a lot of us Americans would rather see our armed forces fighting terrorist cells in Northern Africa where they train, or go after the money trail that leads to Saudi Arabia or Egypt.

However, on a general level, YOU deal with planes crashing and Anthrax in your region and watch people flock to the stores to buy survival provisions, worried about their kids lives, and you would feel pretty isolated when the rest of the world tries to cast your entire country and everybody in it as warmongering Americans. It sucks, it really does.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    I´m not a racist...I don´t have problems with minoritiets or people with different religions...I don´t discriminate any.. I don´t care if you are man, woman, child, dog, cat, fish, plant-life or even minerals * you name it* I don´t like it .o)
    I've read your post, and i think you might consider changing your signature...

I know the French don't really speak other languages, but it's for our own good. Have you ever heard a French person speak English? Their accent is terrible.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    I'd add that there are serious suspicions that the pictures shown by C Powell were taken in 1991, 92 & 93. That's what I read in my (usually reliable) newspaper this morning.
    okay to really think we doctored or lied about the satelite survailence
    only shows to me the extent to which you will go to oppose the U.S.
    instead of realizing that saddam is lying about having weapons
    of mass destruction is even worse. those two points combined
    make me believe you wouldnt support our efforts even we if
    pulled a vile of anthrax out of saddams own pockets.
    you would say david blane planted it. GET FUCKING REAL.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@12 February 2003 - 18:35
    I'll just say this: had those planes hit in London, Paris, Brussels, Stockholm etc, you would have a much different outlook on the world.
    Oh boy, we know what bombs are. We had tens of them during the last twenty years. It was not as spectacular as what you've had, it didn't kill 2000 persons but someting like 200 (considering we're only 60 milllion here), some of them in places I often go. We never attacked anyone for that reason.

And btw you've exactly the same way of seeing things as a Palestinian human bomb!

And I'd like to speak about my Indonesian friends who live in your country and who have to suffer the daily racism of your people since 9.11 whereas they are the most moderate muslims, and for some of them are christians !

5. Lounge   -   #55
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Here we go again the Anthrax thingy 10 letters where delivered. The Anthrax used was probably from within the USA. And oooh we're scared from anthrax. Yeah right. Think the us has more anthrax as Iraq.
    You all can't get one thing strait. Iraq has nothing more to do with the last terrorist attack as you and me have.
    It's just because some fucked up sits in the white house completely frustrated that he can't catch the real terrorist. Before they can throw that too his head he attacks the problem by invading another countrie.
    Which is not in the US of A so you all probably don't know where it is but you all seem to remember it from the television soap "The gulf War". It's just politics.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    It is politics and that is why so many Americans are having a hard time with it. Just do not forget that "where the Anthrax came from" has little to do with the fear it caused.

Nobody said it was not from the USA, my point is that there is a mindset, especially here in NY and the East Coast where this all happened, that is unique. All the stuff you read about? It all happened in a small area of this country, here in the Northeast, so yes we are a bit defensive..

Here is my hope: that they are using this Iraq thing to take media coverage away from something else (and better) that we are REALLY doing. I would like that to be true, I really would. Destroying Iraq will not make me sleep better at night.

But people have a little sympathy here, where I live, where I was born and where I grew up has changed dramatically in a year and a half, and not all in a good way. Discussing national politics or mourning for a country that we are not even engaged in war with yet will not change what happened here.

Maybe it really IS a New York thing, but I guess as the saying goes "You had to be there".

-SJ™

7. Lounge   -   #57

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@12 February 2003 - 17:35

Maybe not Iraq because a lot of us Americans would rather see our armed forces fighting terrorist cells in Northern Africa where they train, or go after the money trail that leads to Saudi Arabia or Egypt.

However, on a general level, YOU deal with planes crashing and Anthrax in your region and watch people flock to the stores to buy survival provisions, worried about their kids lives, and you would feel pretty isolated when the rest of the world tries to cast your entire country and everybody in it as warmongering Americans. It sucks, it really does.

-SJ™
    SJ,

We've had years of terrorism, in which more people have died (albeit not all at once) than in WTC...we didnt answer this by re-invading Ireland. This would have made the situation worse.

And we have had Ricin here in the last few weeks....a lot worse than Anthrax, and as you keep pointing out, this country could fit into one state over there a couple of times over.

This hasnt made the population want to go to war with a country that has absolutely nothing to do with Islamic Fundamentalists (which the terrorists are).

The population here are so much against it that 30% (yes thats right 1/3) of reservists told the Government to fuck off when their call up papers arrived...these same people went to Desert Storm, Bosnia and even Afganistan, so its not cowardise...hell they know THAT war will take a couple of weeks to win. (even if the backlash lasts decades).

The comparisons for you are: 2% didnt go to Desert Storm, 5% didnt go to Afganistan...government expected 8% not to go to this.

These people would rather go to Jail than go to war against Iraq....because its wrong, simple as that.

And the Government is in so much hot water over the policy that they arent prosecuting any of them..why? Because what they are doing is illegal and if it went to court THE COURTS WOULD STOP THEM.

They cant afford to change the Law, because that means they have to admit to the British Public they have been acting illegally and Lying....I love it.

@ Jonne..... No I think Blair prefers wearing Dresses, hence Blaire

@ Cyn v4.1... A lot of the evidence was over 10 years old, and im sorry but look at your history books if you think the CIA is above faking evidence. He also pointed to Blairs evidence and praised it as true...before it was pointed out that it was quite largely a cut/paste of a 10 year old college essay. Did you LISTEN to those tapes? 'Get rid of the Ammo', 'What Ammo?', 'THE Ammo we're not supposed to have', 'The Chemicals', 'Yes','Oh, ill bury them then'.....yes really, over an unsecure line? When they knew they were being tapped by every intellogence agency in the world? It sounded like an episode of SOAP.

I have to praise CIA for disproving Mossads attempt to link Hussain with Al Queda though, a year ago....shame that the CIA's evidence was never actually given the same 'airtime' as Mossads frame up...but thats FOX and CNN for you.

@ The Americans that think they are the only 'Proud and Confident' People in the world...look at your Stock Market and Economy...shit, the investers arent exactly confident.

I have a load of Pride that Im British, and the French are also Proud (although Im at a loss as to why ) and im sure everyone else is Proud to be from wherever they are from...so please, bring something to the debate apart from arrogance....coz thats what got you in the shit your in now....an Arrogant Foreign Policy.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    Did you LISTEN to those tapes? 'Get rid of the Ammo', 'What Ammo?', 'THE Ammo we're not supposed to have', 'The Chemicals', 'Yes','Oh, ill bury them then'.....yes really, over an unsecure line? When they knew they were being tapped by every intellogence agency in the world?
    yes, that could have been anyone.

what was the rest of the so-called evidence? some blurred satellite photo's, some pipelines that could aswell have been used for Saddams sewers, and some nice 3d renderings of trucks...

and a report they copied without even giving the credit to the original authors (if i'd have written that, i'd sue the bastards&#33

10. Lounge   -   #60
    ketoprak- you are just a moron looking for an arguement. You don't know fuck all about me so watch what you say. I am just like the Palestinians who blow themselves up? See you lost me there and I will now read all your comments and think you are some small minded fool needing to argue. You really didn't read what I wrote did you?

Seems like a lot of you do that. Skip the point and take a little bit to mean what you want. I of ALL PEOPLE at this board knows what death on that scale looks like and no I am not enthralled about Iraq, never said I was, ever.

I never said I ahted muslims. Actually I said in another thread that if the problem were Muslims, we would be screwed cause there are 1 billion Muslims in this world, and 1 billion people are surely not attacking us. I have clearly stated I think the problems are the terrorist camps and the Regimes that support them, stated that very clearly.

I actually NEVER gave my view on how to make war other than the terrist camp thing, never said kill them all, yet it amazes me how people interpret things.

Nobody will change my thoughts that this all sucks and none of you have to deal with it, at all, and there is a mounting frustration in me at not being able to do anything. I wish war was not looming but guess what? If it does MY FRIENDS have to serve, and I support THOSE FRIENDS and hope they live, which some of them won't.

I do not particularly love the govt. we have, stated that too. I think the powers that be get blinded but if they had strong support for this war, we would be there, but then again a lot of the people protesting also spit on our GI's coming home from Vietnam and called them all baby killers.

I can't stand ther right or the left, they are equally full of shit, don't you see that?

"It's about OIL!"

Yeah if every moron at a website knows that, is it obvious or is it crap? I love how people "know" things from what they read in the paper, I really do, just peachy, really.

Don't use me as your little whipping by for your views and stop trying to convince me that somehow I am not supposed to feel bad about 9-11 cause you have had problems in your countries okay? You can't DO that! Well you can, it's the internet, but it isn't right. Nobody killed by terrorism deserved it, be they American, French, Brit, Hindu, Muslim okay? You people MUST stop discounting what happened like we deserved it or something.

Seems like all you people do is pass blame and point fingers and if anybody disagrees with you, well then, it's cause we are American and our country sucks. And you wonder why we aren't really fond of the rest of the world? I live in a tourist town and people from abroad sure have a lot of opinions on how things are supposed to be here.

I don't insult your dead don't fucking insult mine.

This international mudslinging is fine, but I DO detect a tone of predjudice, very much so, even from people I thought knew better.

This isn't about Iraq, because this rhetoric has been swarming since 9-11,and if you people had your way Osama would still be running Afghanistan right now while you talk about how horrible America is.

Topics like this make me sad.

You know who I would like to speak to? Somebody from Iraq, not people who have lost nobody and will lose nobody, people who talk talk talk and it is purely conjecture. Must be easy to have opinions nice and safe where there was no Anthrax (once again jejte trying to stay on my bad side) no planes crashing, no threat of water supply being poisoned or dirty bombs going off. Purely conjecture to most of you.

It hurts to read it.

Sure, going to was in Iraq may be retarded, and in the end it may not, I really don't know the final answer, I'm not God. But does that mean it has to be open season on Americans?

Seems like a lot of you just can't wait to make negative comments about our people and our country, like you have been brought up that way.

Here we call that predjudice, so don't window dress it as politics because now you have something with which to point out to us just how much we as a country suck.

Yeah.

God forbid I actually love my country huh?

I would like to have seen any of you talk this kind of shit at the Trade Center, for real, cause not in a million years would you.

Not in a million years.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast