Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Bomb Iraq

Find your own 'Natural' enemies and stop stealing ours.
    Agree with Rat Faced. We also enjoy our traditional ennemy. They're more funny than you. We just love to enter their country via "Waterloo station" and we prefer their crazy cows to your hormon beef.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    too many replies to waste my time reading.
    the fact is, none of you frenchies or french sympathizers will suddenly read
    what someone has posted and say "you know, that guy is right.
    i have been wrong about america this whole time. my world view
    has changed now." and that goes the same for americans like me.
    as far as i am concerned, the french look out for themselves first
    as do ALL countries. i just wish AMERICA COULD GET THE RESPECT IT
    DESERVES FOR SAVING THE WORLD IN WWII.
    do you understand WE SAVED THE WORLD.(of course not alone but without us all would be lost)
    i know you will say that making a comment like the above, is the very
    reason you despise americans. thats fine. but look at past histroy
    to the present and tell me which country is strong and proud,
    as opposed to weak and bitter!

-every reply after this one will reflect that very thought-

3. Lounge   -   #43
    i just wish AMERICA COULD GET THE RESPECT IT
    DESERVES FOR SAVING THE WORLD IN WWII.
    That's not the point. Doing something good once doesn't give you every rights! The US may have saved the world (and we're all thankfull about that), they've also killed - directly or not - millions of innocent people. And once again, they've "saved the world" in their own interest.

which country is strong and proud,
    as opposed to weak and bitter!
    I'm sorry to say but since 9.11 you're more acting like a bitter nation. If you were self-confident enough you wouldn't blame people who've nothing to do with what happened to you.

And being strong - to my opinion - is not attacking weak nations. That's too easy. Being strong is trying to understand the roots of a problem - even if it hurts. And it seems that the US didn't even try to understand why they've been bombed. Sorry to say that, but the US are more acting like an angry child than like an adult person.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    as i said before, these replies will not change ppls minds.
    we do things in our own interests as all countries do, which is a point i already made. as far as going after weaker countries, that is something we can not help as all countries are weaker than the U.S.(with the possible exception of china which has remained militarily nuetral from foreign affairs and will remain to). and as to the millions we have killed, i find it insane to post such numbers that must be inculding ppl killed from starvation blamed on our sanctions while their countries leaders build numerous palaces
    the size of small cities.
    to say we are not self confident is really a thoughless comment
    considering it is the basis for much of the hatred America receives.
    and to finish, letting irag keep weapons of mass destruction is not
    in the interest of any country. if saddam would disarm peacefully
    we would not go to war. the choice is his, we are just the country that
    finally said enough is enough.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Dan
    my wife has Irag plz 2 look at themmmmmmmmmmmmm

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    And Jonne, you can count the UK as not wanting this war too...Its just Blair.
    i was going to put it there, but i wasn't really sure about it, since some tabloid wrote something about our prime minister ("some belgian bloke noone ever heard of" (sic)) : they said he just wanted to protect the belgian chocolate market, but that's wrong. (Interbrew wants to take over the world too...)

i know Blair is just Bush's little puppy (isn't he cute *cough* ;-) )
    i also read somewhere in this forum that 70% of the people in Spain are opposed to a war, and i don't think the majority in any European country (make that the whole world except the US) wants a war...

edit: Rat Faced: I didn't know Blair added an -e to his last name. Did he change gender or something?

7. Lounge   -   #47
    we do things in our own interests as all countries do, which is a point i already made
    If you see things like that, let's say it's not on France interest to attack Irak. So why do you complain ?

And regarding US interest, if the idea is to stop terrorism, I don't think it's on their interest to crack down on Irak. It will reversely increase hatred against America, and you'll get more bombs or whatsoever.

Just look how Islam has radicalized since the US started their "war against terror".

letting irag keep weapons of mass destruction
    OK, if proven they have any. Which is not the case now. Up to now we only have theories, and faked evidences.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    okay, well if you actually believe that we "faked evidence" then i wont
    waste time argueing that point.
    If you see things like that, let's say it's not on France interest to attack Irak. So why do you complain ?
    i think the interest of france in this case is to oppose the U.S.
    france doesnt give a shit about iraq.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    In WWII, the stupid french were shooting AGAINST the liberation forces on D-day....
    They did the same in N. Africa........
    don't generalize, there were French people who collaborated, and they got their punishment, but quite a lot of them were in the resistance, and helped getting crashed British pilots back into Great Britain...

or did you just mean that the stupid ones did, and the smarter ones didn't?

Some stupid forefather of Bush (i think his grandpa) helped financing the '3rd reich' in the 1940's, so the Bush family is no family of saints...
    (did I mention that he also stole Geronimo's skull?)

edit: about Bush's Grandpa

10. Lounge   -   #50
    okay, well if you actually believe that we "faked evidence" then i wont
    waste time argueing that point.

chloe's post some days ago about this pb is somewhere in this thread

I'd add that there are serious suspicions that the pictures shown by C Powell were taken in 1991, 92 & 93. That's what I read in my (usually reliable) newspaper this morning.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast