Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bomb Iraq

Cadaver,

About post-colonial problems I can agree with you. And we are sure not proud about it.

But about Vietnam, may I remind you that after our (lost) war, there was no problem there except you anti-communist phobia at that time which made you start a much longer and more useless one.

Now your phobia goes to islam... and you'll discover sooner or later that your fight is counter productive. It will just make other cadavers, my dear another cadaver.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    and don't attack us for our patriotism
    Well, may I remind you the beginning of this thread ? It was about the headlines of the US press, injurious about France.

We in France, even if we (now) disagree with the US policy, would never have this kind of headlines. Never would we be injuriating other people or nations.

And patriotism may be a good thing in terms of national unity, but shouldn't be built against other people, cultures or nations. That's very dangerous and leads directly to hate.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    I dont think much of frenchies so here.
    1.Why don't they have fireworks at Euro Disney? Because every time they shoot them off, the French try to surrender.
    2.Q-how can you tell if a frechmen has been in your backyard? A-your garbage is gone and your dog is pregnant!
    3.What did the Mayor of Paris say to the German Army as they entered during WWII? "Table for One Hundred Thousand?".
    4.A frenchwoman with a parrot on her shoulder walks into a bar. the barman says "Thats an real ugle bird u got there. Where did u get it? The parrot says " i got it in France ..theres millions of em there"
    5.Whats the best place to hide your money ? A: under the soap of a frenchman
    6.Q. What do you do if you see 90,000,000 dead french-men? A. Stop laughing and re-load!!
    7.Q: How do you stop a French tank? A: Shoot the guy that's pushing it!
    8.Q: What do you call 20 dead frenchmen in the back of a lorry. A: A good days hunting.
    9.Three guys, an Englishman, a Frenchman and an American are out walking along the beach together one day. They come across a lantern and a genie pops out of it. "I will give you each one wish, " says the genie. The American says, "I am a farmer, my dad was a farmer, and my son will also farm. I want the land to be forever fertile in America." With a blink of the genie's eye, 'FOOM' - the land in America was forever made fertile for farming. The Frenchman was amazed, so he said, "I want a wall around France, so that no one can come into our precious country." Again, with a blink of the Genie's eye, 'POOF' - there was a huge wall around France. The Englishman asks, "I'm very curious. Please tell me more about this wall. The Genie explains, "Well, it's about 150 feet high, 50 feet thick and nothing can get in or out." The Englishman says, "Fill it up with water."
    10.Did you hear about the Frenchman who lost his licence to practice medicin? He was caught having sex with some of his patients. It's a shame, he was by far the best vet in town.
    11.Q: Why do French men have moustashes? A: To remind them of their mothers.
    12.Q: How long does it take a french woman to have a poo? A: 9 months
    13.The French zoo had acquired a very rare species of gorilla. Within a few weeks, the female gorilla became very cranky and difficult to handle. Upon examination, the zoo veterinarian determined the problem. The gorilla was in heat. To make matters worse, there were no male gorilla species available.

While reflecting on their problem, the zoo administrators noticed Pierre, an employee responsible for cleaning the animals' cages. Pierre, it was rumoured, had the ability to satisfy any female, but he wasn't very bright. So the zoo administrators thought they might have a solution.

Pierre was approached with a proposition: would he be willing to have sex with the gorilla for five hundred Francs? Pierre showed some interest, but said he would have to think the matter over carefully.

The following day, Pierre announced that he would accept their offer, but only under three conditions. "First," he said, "I don't want to have to kiss her. Secondly, I want nothing to do with any offspring that may result from this union."

The zoo administration quickly agreed to these conditions, so they asked what about the third condition. "Well," said Pierre, "you've gotta give me another week to come up with the five hundred Francs."
    14.There was a Frenchman, an Englishman and Claudia Schiffer sitting together in a carriage in a train going through Provence. Suddenly the train went through a tunnel and as it was an old style train, there were no lights in the carriages and it went completely dark. Then there was a kissing noise and the sound of a really loud slap. When the train came out of the tunnel, Claudia Schiffer and the Englishman were sitting as if nothing had happened and the Frenchman had his hand against his face as if he had been slapped there. The Frenchman was thinking: 'The English fella must have kissed Claudia Schiffer and she missed him and slapped me instead.' Claudia Schiffer was thinking: 'The French fella must have tried to kiss me and actually kissed the Englishman and got slapped for it.' And the Englishman was thinking: 'This is great. The next time the train goes through a tunnel I'll make another kissing noise and slap that French bastard again.
    15.Q. What's the difference between a Frenchwoman and a werewolf? A. The Frenchwoman is not quite as hairy but the werewolf smells better
    16,. Why did the French plant trees along the Champs Elysees? A. So the Germans could march in the shade

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    Who were the best of the worst colonists?

The British did leave infrastructure and a culture , a system of justice that was relatively speaking better than the French system. They all screwed the local population, raped and plundered their resources etc. Neo-colonialism, economic imperialism, whatever you choose to call it is a legacy of colonialism. The Belgians intentionally destroyed infrastructure when they left the Congo. The Dutch left no goodwill behind. The Portuguese and the Spanish ..cough...perhaps I'll leave it there.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    French were the worst colonists ever, because they went into hypocritical sentimental & affective links with the people they colonized. It left very deep psychological scars in terms of civilizations when they left. Their ex-colonial empire never became fully independent, still suffering an inferiority complex.

I think the best colons were the Dutch. They just colonized for money and didn't even teach their language to the people they colonized. They were very quickly forgotten when they left.

British were not that bad also, as you say, also in terms of education.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    In terms of cruelty the Portuguese and Spanish win hands down. Men like Cortez.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Just slightly off-topic...

<PROPAGANDA>

Whoever will be in Paris on the Saturday February 15th can join the national unitarian demonstration "No to a war against Irak. Yes to a world of Justice, Peace and Democracy".

Starting from place Denfert-Rochereau at 14:00
    Going to Bastille.

</PROPAGANDA>

Sorry for this doesn&#39;t fit the guidelines (which I didn&#39;t read ) . Everyone&#39;s wellcome.
    I&#39;ll be there but you won&#39;t find me as you don&#39;t know me

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    Why are all you people bashing at France?
    it&#39;s not the only government opposing to a war in Iraq, Germany and Belgium are also against it, (and i think Iraq is against it too...).
    At least these governments (except for Iraq ofcourse) listen to the people, instead of Bush.

Also, Bush just wants this war for oil, but if he thinks he&#39;ll be able to just take over the country and make it another state, he&#39;s wrong. The muslims there won&#39;t tolerate it.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by ketoprak@12 February 2003 - 10:58
    and don&#39;t attack us for our patriotism
    Well, may I remind you the beginning of this thread ? It was about the headlines of the US press, injurious about France.

We in France, even if we (now) disagree with the US policy, would never have this kind of headlines. Never would we be injuriating other people or nations.

And patriotism may be a good thing in terms of national unity, but shouldn&#39;t be built against other people, cultures or nations. That&#39;s very dangerous and leads directly to hate.
    Excuse me?

Your media doesnt attack ANY other country?

Im from the UK, and your media is not exactly flattering...but, i&#39;ll forgive you, as it works both ways.

I did tell you Yanks not to come down on the Germans or French...It is OUR job....its a national hobby, and we want to keep it that way.

Find your own &#39;Natural&#39; enemies and stop stealing ours.

If you hate them that much, give them that Damn statue in New York back...coz you lot have forgotten what it means.

And Jonne, you can count the UK as not wanting this war too...Its just Blaire.

Made me proud to learn that 30% of our reserve forces that were called up told the Government to Fuck Off, and refused the call out

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Your media doesnt attack ANY other country?

Im from the UK, and your media is not exactly flattering...but, i&#39;ll forgive you, as it works both ways.
    No, we don&#39;t have the same kind of tabloids as you do. And no media here call you Brits &#39;beefsteaks&#39; as some are saying in answer to your &#39;froggy&#39;. But that&#39;s the people and not the media. There&#39;s never been any mediatic campaign against the Brits, or it was before WWII.

Anyway we quite enjoy the &#39;bird names&#39; we&#39;re given and see nothing serious about it

Reversely I don&#39;t think the US are joking when they call us bastards

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast