Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223

Thread: The Questions Game

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    by nature all politicians think of themselves first

if a cat has nine lives what happens to the unused ones?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #222
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    They go to cat hell I hope as I am a dog person. We`ve strayed into to the silly question area me thinks

I`m stuck thinking about silly questions so what would be a good one?

3. Lounge   -   #223
    this is not the silly question

who travels furthest from sea level? a pilot or a deep sea diver?:

4. Lounge   -   #224
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    It would be the pilot as we deal much better with negative pressure

For my limited understanding gravity is caused by an iron mass spinning around inside a planet core. Why does that attract?

5. Lounge   -   #225
    the cause of gravity is one of the great unsolved mysteries. your explanation explains the cause of magnetism,(I think )

In 1915, Einstein published his theory of gravity within the framework of his now famous theory of general relativity. According to general relativity,*the effects of gravitation are caused by a*spacetime curvature and not*a force, as Newton had asserted.* Einstein’s theory of general relativity was able to successfully account for several effects that were*unexplained by Newton’s law, such as the*anomalies in the orbits of Mercury. Einstein’s*theory of general relativity proposed that spacetime is curved by matter, and that free-falling objects are moving along locally straight paths, called geodesics, in curved spacetime. A simple way to think about this is to think about a drum. Now think about pushing down in the center of the drum. This would cause the entire surface of the drum to become concave (i.e., curve inward). If you drop a marble on the drum, it will fall to the center due to the inward curvature of the drum’s surface. Although Einstein general theory of relativity is now a corner stone of modern physics, especially astrophysics,*it still did not explain fundamentally why or how matter curves space, which still left the nature of gravitation a mystery. On a side note, while general relativity predicted*numerous phenomena, such as* gravitational lensing (i.e., the bending of light by a large mass) and an effect of gravity on time known as gravitational time dilation (i.e., the slowing down of “clock” in a strong gravitational field), it was incompatible with the highly successful theory of quantum mechanics, which describes the behavior of atoms and subatomic particles. if you understand all that you are reading too much.

do horses really try to win races?

6. Lounge   -   #226
    neigh

OU or SBS?

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223