Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Questions Game

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    yes

do you vote in local elections?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #162
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    I always do via postal vote, have never had the pleasure of a polling booth and don`t really want to.

Does anything you learn in school really prepare you for real life? I am bitching at quadratic equations and Boolean algebra but I have yet to find a practical use even after 25 years of looking.
    Last edited by Gribley; 08-05-2016 at 08:18 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #163
    you have probably used them without realising it. especially if you write computer programs or any logical construction. when you reach my age all school instruction is forgotten. Algebra was my favourite subject at school.(No I did not wear thick black or any kind of glasses)

What was your favourite subject at school?

4. Lounge   -   #164
    So hard to quantify. I loved sciences (physics and chem, didn`t like bio). Maths was easy, design and tech (tech drawing) I liked, art.... but maybe best was the outdoor pursuits (like a super PE), I used to rock climb like a sticky monkey, could also canoe like a stoat (horse riding was shite, never want to go near one of them again)

If I travel faster than light towards a destination then time is compressed but not reversed (relative to destination), how does ftl therefore constitute time travel - just squished time travel surely?
    Last edited by Gribley; 08-05-2016 at 02:07 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #165
    I don't think time travel is physically possible. graphically possible yes. It is possible to look into the past with the proper instruments but it would be like looking into something frozen in time. It is just my brain deteriorating.

using the above as possible which moment in time would you like to peruse?

6. Lounge   -   #166
    I still remember my "first time" anyway, it wasn`t grand but something I`ll never forget so is stuck in my timeline and not a bad memory. For external events not really sure I missed much that I would want to re-live. If given a chance (and so inclined) I would pop Maggie in the head before she screwed me on poll tax but don`t think you can do that just as a viewer

Do you find curry pot noodles just bland and have to add a load of real/extra curry power into it (maybe a 'hot' peperami too)?

7. Lounge   -   #167
    I think they are bland. too much sugar for my diabetes.

do you think cycling does you any good?

8. Lounge   -   #168
    Good cardio. Not sure it does me any good as when I do go as I am knackered after about a mile and have a sore bum. My daughter enjoys going out on the bike with us so I guess overall would say yes does some good on the family "group hug" scale

Why does my keyboard have a scroll lock, I have been doing this for almost 30 years (PC, one way or another) and never once has there been a use for it but they keep it!

9. Lounge   -   #169
    the scroll lock is there so that you can accidently hit it and continue typing for a few minutes with everything capitalised. in the past if this happened you could highlight the offending text and put it all into lower text. I don't know if that option is still available.

why are you accused of shouting when text is capitalised?

10. Lounge   -   #170
    Because someone decided that it means being confrontational and not just a caps lock mistake I guess, I think just putting a post as Idoleyes works the same but not sure that is as universal (thankfully).

Why do people insist on mounting their flat-screen over the fireplace and then drill into the firebricks for the cable run thinking that is a good idea?
    Last edited by Gribley; 08-16-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast