Page 166 of 290 FirstFirst ... 66116156163164165166167168169176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2897

Thread: Change 1 Letter Word Game

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Duck

Attachment 166144

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I guess when the robber said that he'd kill for a smoke, he wasn't kidding.
    The scary thing Idol is a minute or so longer and my wife and I would have been standing in front of the cash paying (was at the food counter close to the cash)
    Funny thing is i worked in a Bank for years for school Co Op at Yonge and Eglinton for years and never had an issue
    I go in to pick up a few sandwiches (veal and sausage and they did give them to me for free) on a Tuesday night (open 24hrs), really who the fuck robs a mob connected place at that particular time??.. They were in and out in less than a minute, but i have never in my life had a gun(s) pointed at my head !!
    It was pretty scary!!, and it really shook my wife up, And even funnier they didn't rob us, just the register and (didn't have a lot of cash in it) and a few packs of smokes... , and other than staff (2 men and 2 women), we were the only ones in the store??
    And they were covered in Black from head to toe(2 guns and a backpacks), so even trying to identify them would have been impossible , but you could tell they were young and accents were Jamaican (located near Jane and Finch), and that article saying they may not be charges really puzzled me??, and where the hell are they getting these guns??
    Again ticked off my Bucket list
    Last edited by shaina; 02-25-2016 at 05:59 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #1652
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    duct

Why didn't you just tell them that their guns were illegal? That should have stopped that silliness in an instant!

Sometimes, you just got to be firm, but fair with these criminals. Obviously, they were young and did not understand Canadian customs. Educational opportunity missed!

*Joking aside, good to hear that you are okay- and just like you, got free sandwiches...
    Last edited by megabyteme; 02-25-2016 at 06:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #1653
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    duce

The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #1654
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Ducet
    1616_IHS_ducet-1.jpg

...Shay sorry about the gun comment as didn`t know you`d had some recent experience (Doh and I got my spelling wrong as well, at least for the picture)
    Last edited by Gribley; 02-25-2016 at 11:23 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #1655
    dulcet

6. Lounge   -   #1656
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Dulcey
    dulcey-caramac-640x512.jpg
    Never had the pleasure of a Dulcey, I would therefore go with the Caramac
    Last edited by Gribley; 02-25-2016 at 12:20 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #1657
    duncey

8. Lounge   -   #1658
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Okay, I believe bigboab won, but not having a word...

My gun story time...

As I was holding and was thinking of selling or pawning a dart gun (camo rifle style) that I hadn't used in 20 years... when an neighbor who was filling her car radiator from my outside water faucet ran in and past me in a blur followed by several young law enforcement officers. The youngest; hat turned around to show profuse sweating on his forehead said or rather shouted, "FREEZE, DROP THE GUN!" as he pointed his 9mm Glock between my eyes at about a 4 feet distance.

You know how they say your life flashes before your eyes at that instant? Well given the state of my mind at the time I used that second to determine the order of commands that this protect and serve officer issued for surely there was an inconsistency in the order of those words. Freeze? OR Drop the gun? (Which would require motion.)

I chose the latter based on these reasons:

1.) If he killed me, my family would have a multi-million dollar law suit against the State (As there were many witnesses to the event.)
    2.) I was unarmed and complied to his last command.
    3.) I had done nothing wrong and they had no search warrant to enter my premises.

This altercation ended as fast as it started and took several hours for me to normalize.

I was later visited on my porch by his superiors... a lieutenant, a colonel... and so on asking, "Are you okay?... Are you sure?". Turns out the deputy pointing the gun at me was only on the job for 3 months, it was mistaken identity with the girl, but they "thought" the radiator cap in her hand was a gun and she ran thinking they were "monsters" chasing her. (I believe there may have been some hallucinogenics at play there, but... can't be certain.)

After watching the news in recent years... I consider myself extremely lucky.

You never know...
    Last edited by Stehle; 02-26-2016 at 06:23 PM. Reason: True Story - 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

9. Lounge   -   #1659
    pick (you could have tried dunce)

10. Lounge   -   #1660
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Prick

Attachment 166306

Funny thing Stehle is i was not scared for my life, but my wife's i sure was (in Canada not so easy to sue cops or doctors, and life insurance?? well i don't benefit from that)..
    Meg....Here in Canada you don't ask questions to a person holding a gun (especially 3 young Black kids!! racist or not!!!), keeping calm and letting them get the hell out of the bakery i thought was more beneficial, but maybe i will try it your way the next time ..I was just happy we came out alive and not hurt
    Gribley... I was not upset or anything like that you mentioned guns, it just brought an experience i just had to life here
    Last edited by shaina; 02-27-2016 at 05:34 AM.