Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Todays Tasks

Poster
    Hello KL Board !

Today I will start to work with Darker on moving the boards to a new server. He did help me to buy a new server which is even faster than this one here.

Like VB said everything is under control and this is not some sort of takeover. It is ust that VB is very busy at the moment and the same goes for the host Darker. He told me that he will post a message to inform you about changes later today.

The steps that we do today is to move the database to the new server and to upgrade to the latest stable IB version 1.3.

Positive Effects:

- faster server (thank's to Darker to sponsor it with 50 %)
    - latest IB version

Negative Effects:
    - we will lose posts that are posted from the time that we start the database moving until the move is done

I will introduce myself later in "The Lounge" and just go on with the work now.

VB did start a great community and I will never be a real replacement but I will try to do my best to continue where he stopped.

VB is a great guy and even if I could - I will not change any basics which means that there will only be ONE banner but no popup's / popunder's or any other unfriendly method to abuse this board.

I wish you a wonderful day !

7thElement

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Poster
    The backups are done now and all posts that you post now until the updates are done will be lost - this is just to inform you and to make sure that you are not mad at us if your posts that you do now are not there later

We will try to complete all tasks within the next few hours.

7thElement

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Welcome new HOSt
    and we'll never forget u VB

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Welcome and thks for letting us know.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    I will take this moment to confirm everything: There is no takeover and I am helping your new admin with the config until the move is done.

I did enjoy it a lot to host this board but my life is so busy that I can't handle it. Before anything goes down I decided to help your new admin by sponsoring a part of his new server for a year (pre paid) cause then I can leave without bad feelings.

Thank you for all your support - you are all great (except [SPAM])

D.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    can you atleast just back up vertifieds?

Well i should read more....
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster
    All existing posts are safe - just posts made after the message that we started will be lost because you cannot backup in realtime.

We could close this board until the new one is up but then all users could not post / read messages.

The way we do it now is better cause you can still read / post but all new posts will be lost.

Like this one here

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    any new option in this new version of IPB
    i realy like to see statue option to show if the user is online or offline

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Welcome 7thElement.
    Be good to us please, we've just lost a great guy

Peace
    UKMan

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Ex-member
    7thElement, will you be able to continue Darker's Lounge Radio project, or are those resources no longer going to be available?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast