Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comcast has "secretly" bumped up their internet speeds.

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    These sorts of things are best left in the hands of trained professionals.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tempt8tion View Post

I'm fairly sure I know what the topic is. I'm the OP.
    Your authorship doesn't guarantee your comprehension.
    I know all the answers. The hard part is matching them up with the questions.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    pokitisme's Avatar Poster
    well i got time warner/soon to be comcast and im paying for turbo and im getting around 34 mbs down and 3 to 5 mbs up.and thst enough for bf3 on a ps3 and up to 15 connections or more in newsleecher with no internet or ps3 lag.and if ur a battlefield 3 player uve seen the orange triangle.
    favorite quotes made my me

if you want to you can but if you dont you wont

most possibly yes but maybe no

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #34
    Confirmed they've bumped me to 120 Mbit.

Also looks like they've rolled out this 505 monstrosity into my area. The naming sure is apt. HALF Google fiber's throughput for 5.5X the cost. That's a bargain any way you slice it.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 06-25-2014 at 12:10 AM.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #35
    You aren't kidding. FFS...

Get the fastest Internet in your house for $399.95 a month.
    No need for competition. None.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #36
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    7.61 down.

1.26 up.

yo

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    You aren't kidding. FFS...

Get the fastest Internet in your house for $399.95 a month.
    No need for competition. None.
    Three year contract required. Early termination fee applies. Pricing subject to change. Equipment, installation, activation and taxes extra. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed.

I don't have an issue with paying even a hefty sum for installation, activation, and gear. I understand buildout is cost and labor intensive. I'm ok with the 3 yr contract and ETF. But I sure as shit am not paying that kind of money without some kind of uptime guarantee/SLA. It's also not symmetrical, more like 500/100.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    7.61 down.

1.26 up.
    I hope that's MBytes

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #38
    Taxpayers subsidise(d) a large portion of the cost to build the network. It is corrupt as fuk to require all of that, and at that cost. If there was any kind of competition, rates would be on par with what Google is charging.

I believe there is one other hidden element which applies to all residential customers (not business)- usage caps. They monitor customers and if you actually use that speed all the time, they will threaten to cut your service off. I know, I got a call. I used 750GB one month seeding unthrottled. They object when you use what you are paying for.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #39
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    7.61 down.

1.26 up.
    I hope that's MBytes
    Nope.

2 years ago in Texas, I was getting 21Mb for the same price, and never had probs with my service.
    Last edited by Skiz; 06-25-2014 at 04:52 AM.

yo

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Taxpayers subsidise(d) a large portion of the cost to build the network. It is corrupt as fuk to require all of that, and at that cost. If there was any kind of competition, rates would be on par with what Google is charging.

I believe there is one other hidden element which applies to all residential customers (not business)- usage caps. They monitor customers and if you actually use that speed all the time, they will threaten to cut your service off. I know, I got a call. I used 750GB one month seeding unthrottled. They object when you use what you are paying for.
    Oh I'm sure running home servers are a big no no. For 400 bucks a month I could get a really decent dedi and cause all sorts of havoc. I should do that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast