Thread: Civilization 3

is it just me, or is the game really har? i selected the level easiest, and the computer seems to build their civilization 10 times faster.does anybody know the strategy or cheats for this game? thanks

2. Games   -   #2

3. Games   -   #3
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by sasuke57@25 November 2003 - 22:44
    is it just me, or is the game really har? i selected the level easiest, and the computer seems to build their civilization 10 times faster.does anybody know the strategy or cheats for this game? thanks
    the secret is to build as many settlers as possible in the first few hours of game play. I normally let a city make 2-4 settlers and then I start woring about other things.

4. Games   -   #4
    i also seem to have a big trouble trying to take over enemies' cities. i attack them with several units, but they all die, and the enemies defending the city gets stronger and stronger everytime. does anybody know a solution to this?

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Yeah, Civ3 is very hard compared to the previous two Civs. I can't even win by taking over the world, which was the only thing I'd do in the first Civ (total domination by the 1700's was my personal best. ).

The only way I've won a game in Civ3 was by making it to the end and winning based on points. Most of the time, though, I end up pissing off just about every other civilization somehow, and they gun for me until I'm dead...

6. Games   -   #6
    my common strategy is to go against the enemies straight away, hoping that your guys will win and become veteran soldiers

then you can build on this to conquer more and more territory early on

more settlers is also a good idea, but it leaves you open to attack early on on smaller maps
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Games   -   #7
    If you are having problems one way to gain an advantage is to find technology and resouces by exploring you find the little villages every now and then. Just remember to save your game before you enter a village you might release a hord of barbarians.
    Make sure you trade technology with you neighbors and try to be the first one to get masonery. It might just be the most important technology in the grand scheme of things. Once you build The Great Pyramids. You don&#39;t have to build graineries anymore EVER. Your poplulation will grow fastest and you will be able to create more settlers and workers in a shorter amount of time.
    The way I usually start out is to build my capital asap and send out use my warrior to explore finding villages and neighbors. Create settler asap in the capital and make your next city in the best location for food and shield production you can find. Use this city for building settlers and workers. Hopefully by this time you can start building the The Pyramids before everyone else and get jump start.