Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You guys should really be using a VPN

robertrust's Avatar n00b
    I currently use IPVanish to secure all my online purchases away from thieves and so I can enjoy fast private internet browsing sessions without having to worry about prying eyes.

Also will help you if youre torrenting or pirating on usenet.
    Last edited by Skiz; 05-28-2014 at 09:07 PM. Reason: removed link

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    How is IPVanish about P2P. Do they keep logs and pass on DMCA copyright notices to their users?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by robertrust View Post
    I currently use IPVanish to secure all my online purchases away from thieves ...
    How does the VPN secure purchases away from thieves? Does it remove your connections from your immediate location? Or, is it because it is guaranteed to be encrypted?

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    I am using some free tools for VPN to access websites which are not opened to all visitors.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Perhaps I should be using newsgroups, not torrents.... oh, I am anyway*. When not NNTP, if needs must, then hotspot shield elite does work with torrent connections and there is a "warez" version which isn`t hard to find, Risk on your part and do not condone such activity.

Myself, I only watch cat videos on youtube so none of this is really applicable

*usenet cat videos are DRM free and public domain

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Wow, Hotspot Shield is still around? I recall patching their OpenVPN binary to bypass the MAC-based data cap and automatic disconnection, plus finding the trick of setting a program's HTTP proxy to the server's address, in order to ignore the VPN and download through my "real" IP when necessary.

All that was in the version 0.6xx days. That program was the moderately good and free way to get more than 10 KB/s on BitTorrent, when the fuckers at ISP shaped P2P bandwidth...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    I use strong vpn for that.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Myself, I only watch cat videos on youtube so none of this is really applicable

*usenet cat videos are DRM free and public domain
    Sure, I don't need to use openvpn on a Moldovan vps and through five Dante boxes located geographically in the shape of a pentagram, but it helps.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Sure, I don't need to use openvpn on a Moldovan vps and through five Dante boxes located geographically in the shape of a pentagram, but it helps.
    I tried to google the level of your cunning hiddeness but was coming up with strange stuff which I don`t think was relevant Still as long as you too are getting your own youtube fun cat based videos over this link then sounds good. If is not against the rules then can you post a link to your devil like pentagram provider.... I would be interested in seeing the workings of the network they offer.

TOR I never really got on with as was really more web than any application ports (that may have all changed as many years)

Cheers
    Grib

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post

I tried to google the level of your cunning hiddeness but was coming up with strange stuff which I don`t think was relevant Still as long as you too are getting your own youtube fun cat based videos over this link then sounds good. If is not against the rules then can you post a link to your devil like pentagram provider.... I would be interested in seeing the workings of the network they offer.

TOR I never really got on with as was really more web than any application ports (that may have all changed as many years)
    I only post Linux ISOs. Honest. No voodoo, Dante is just your run-of-the mill SOCKS server. The kids like to say they're hiding behind 7 of them. Even the most prolific uploaders wouldn't go to those lengths.

A gbit box from any number of providers tunneled through another host in say, eastern Europe would suffice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast