Thread: Remaking Terminator?

Just saw this at IMDB:
    Terminator: Genesis (2015)

The plot is undisclosed at this time.

Writers: James Cameron and others...

Stars: Emilia Clarke ( Game of Thrones) as Sarah Connor

Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese

The first installment of a trilogy of "Terminator" films.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger's first film as The Terminator in 12-years, since
    "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines". Schwarzenegger was replaced by
    a digital computer graphics version, for the previous film "Terminator Salvation".

Emilia Clarke's Game of Thrones co-star Lena Headey previously played
    Sarah Connor on the television series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

It is possible that Schwarzenegger's T-101 may come from the world of Terminator: Salvation
    and is sent by Christian Bale's John Connor to protect younger Sarah (Emilia Clarke).
    Since the trilogy is a reboot, it is most likely it will disregard T1, T2, T3 and T4 and start a
    fresh series, just as Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes are
    installments within a new Planet of the Apes franchise, which ignores the events of the earlier movies.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
    I'm in!
    Could be great!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trythepie View Post
    Just saw this at IMDB:
    Terminator: Genesis (2015)

The plot is undisclosed at this time.

Writers: James Cameron and others...

Stars: Emilia Clarke ( Game of Thrones) as Sarah Connor

Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese

The first installment of a trilogy of "Terminator" films.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger's first film as The Terminator in 12-years, since
    "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines". Schwarzenegger was replaced by
    a digital computer graphics version, for the previous film "Terminator Salvation".

Emilia Clarke's Game of Thrones co-star Lena Headey previously played
    Sarah Connor on the television series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

It is possible that Schwarzenegger's T-101 may come from the world of Terminator: Salvation
    and is sent by Christian Bale's John Connor to protect younger Sarah (Emilia Clarke).
    Since the trilogy is a reboot, it is most likely it will disregard T1, T2, T3 and T4 and start a
    fresh series, just as Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes are
    installments within a new Planet of the Apes franchise, which ignores the events of the earlier movies.

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340138/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
    I'm in!
    Could be great!
    I heard that there was a new trilogy coming out, thanks for confirming it! really can't wait to see these.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The original Terminator was good so this "reboot" is totally unnecessary and hence merely another money grab demonstrating precisely how creatively bankrupt Hollywood has become.

As this film will probably follow along the lines of the TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles*,except a bigger budget allowing for more mindless FX what could this possibly add to the story?

Also who barring mental patients,wants to see an almost 70 year old Arnold play a Terminator?

*Dany replacing Cersei.Nice bit of unimaginative casting, unimaginative wanks.

Quote Originally Posted by outrated View Post

I heard that there was a new trilogy coming out, thanks for confirming it! really can't wait to see these.
    Could anyone thinking this is a great idea please give their age so I can have some reference point on where bad taste begins and ends.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-03-2014 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I heard that the machines will be able to age in these as old Arny is getting on a bit, I don't mind follow up films but will say that T3 was rubbish but they pulled it back with T4 Salvation, I knew watched the The Sarah Connor Chronicles, so can compare them.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Also who barring mental patients,wants to see an almost 70 year old Arnold play a Terminator?
    Yor ter-min-at-ed, Sonny. [*smashes T-1000 in head with walker* followed by BIG CGI EXPLOSION!!!!!1]
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by outrated View Post
    I heard that the machines will be able to age ....
    Yeah because that makes the utmost sense.

Also clearly my Walkman is a Terminator.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Introducing Skynet's latest model: AARP-101. Now somebody call John Milius and get fucking King Conan made already.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Now somebody call John Milius and get fucking King Conan made already.
    Seriously. Loooooong overdue. Wanted to see it since the first time I ever saw the original.

Buzz is they are doing Conan Legends instead.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Well the way GOOGLE is buying up robotics companies and planning to launch communication satellites
    they are well on the way to building SKYnet.

So a reboot or retelling may be needed.
    No one enjoyed the reboot of Star Trek?

Hey, I liked Arnold's latest two movies.
    Last Stand, where he couldn't bother changing out of his workout suit
    into a Sheriff's costume after driving to the Set.
    Love movies set in that area of the US/Mexico.
    (Wild Bunch, Magnificent 7,).

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    There's really no winning with a new Conan movie.It basically needs to be a hard R like the original and nobody nowadays is going to do that as they are greatly limiting their potential profits audience.
    Also who's around nowadays that's a fit to play Conan? Please don't say Jason Momao.

Personally I would try for a smaller budget Red Sonja (easy to recoup the budget in oversea sales as foreigners are a bloodthirsty bunch) and work in a cameo ie "test" Conan and see if the audience warms to that actor.
    If it flies then come back with a large scale version where you have already proven your market/commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by Trythepie View Post
    Well the way GOOGLE is buying up robotics companies and planning to launch communication satellites
    they are well on the way to building SKYnet.

So a reboot or retelling may be needed.
    No one enjoyed the reboot of Star Trek?

Hey, I liked Arnold's latest two movies.
    Last Stand, where he couldn't bother changing out of his workout suit
    into a Sheriff's costume after driving to the Set.
    Love movies set in that area of the US/Mexico.
    (Wild Bunch, Magnificent 7,).
    Star Trek was OK but a pale imitation of the original show so by those standards a failure.
    The Last Stand was horrible and could have been shot any place as except the the inherent need for a border the sets/scenery where pretty generic and didn't make good/any use of the locale.

Also are you honestly comparing The Wild Bunch to The Last Stand?
    Sam Peckinpah created The Wild Bunch as a metaphor for the ending of an era while some music video director create The Last Stand as some way to get a directing credit on his resume.

Anyway if you want to talk films that are infused with a sense of place then you need to talk something like Badlands or Fargo.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-03-2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast