Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remaking Terminator?

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Buzz is they are doing Conan Legends instead.
    I'm cautiously optimistic. If James Cameron wasn't so busy playing Jacques Costeau or making 18 more Avatar films, I'd say another True Lies would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    TAlso are you honestly comparing The Wild Bunch to The Last Stand?
    Sam Peckinpah created The Wild Bunch as a metaphor for the ending of an era while some music video director create The Last Stand as some way to get a directing credit on his resume
    Jee-woon helmed a very strong western a few years back along with a couple other solid genre flicks. Seems anytime you bring an asian director stateside they shit the bed for whatever reason. On that same subject, John Woo certainly wouldn't be famous without Peckinpah.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 06-03-2014 at 05:04 PM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    There's really no winning with a new Conan movie.It basically needs to be a hard R like the original and nobody nowadays is going to do that as they are greatly limiting their potential profits audience.
    Also who's around nowadays that's a fit to play Conan? Please don't say Jason Momao.
    I don't seem to remember the Momo movie pulling many punches graphically. Still don't believe he deserved to play the role- although it could have been worse, honestly.

The Blackfarmer is seemingly thirsty to make some quick cash before disappearing in the Cali sun. King would be a good way for him to do that. Legends would not have the same kind of appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic. If James Cameron wasn't so busy playing Jacques Costeau or making 18 more Avatar films, I'd say another True Lies would be welcome.
    Cameron gave us several good shows, but I don't expect anything besides weak sequels from him in the future. True Lies wouldn't appeal to me mainly because the script would undoubtedly result in something closely resembling the Spy Kids series. Their secrets are out in the open; not much but rehashing once-liked characters now forced to return for a paycheck you-are-the-only-one-who-can-save-the-world scenario.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 06-03-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: BTW, LOL at AARP-101. :)
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    not much but rehashing once-liked characters now forced to return for a paycheck you-are-the-only-one-who-can-save-the-world scenario.
    Good point, but it's kind of de rigueur in Hollywood. Plus, Tom Arnold gotta eat.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    I tried to find it and couldn't, but I remember an interview with Tom Arnold in which he said something to the effect of, [My future career plans are to do two or three bombs, a sequel to True Lies, two or three more bombs, another sequel to True Lies...]. Nobody can say he doesn't have Hollywood figured out.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15

Also are you honestly comparing The Wild Bunch to The Last Stand?

Anyway if you want to talk films that are infused with a sense of place then you need to talk something like Badlands or Fargo.
    No. I'm not comparing TWB with TLS.

Over the years I've watched The Wild Bunch a few times. Owned it on video tape, dvd and now
    bluray. Gets better with each viewing.

TLS yeah it was so bad it was good. I didn't expect much. So something like having
    Arnold back doing old Arnold sleepwalking was entertaining.

I don't want to talk a sense of place that includes ND and Fargo/Badlands.
    Not favorites of mine. Frack those anti-heroes

They Came to Cordura, The Appaloosa: Two others that give me that sense of old Mexico.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Trythepie View Post
    TLS yeah it was so bad it was good.
    You're half right.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Introducing Skynet's latest model: AARP-101...
    Good for the first smile this morning.

(...now that is done, where did my teeth get to????)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Trythepie View Post
    TLS yeah it was so bad it was good.
    You're half right.
    Glass half full.

Anyway as we were talking Westerns,Open Range and Appaloosa which are at their core,essentially the same film.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Poster
    Yet, another Terminator movie?
    I watch -- when will it be posted?

op was talking mexican-flavored movies, is Open Range a Mexican one?

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Hey Hollywood, how about something NEW?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast