Thread: Stanley Cup 2014

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I'm more invested in College Hockey these days as I find it easier to cheer for team where the players seem to be united under a common bond of some sort that they share (that I can relate with, ie I go to the school) rather than than simply money. Most of the people from the LA Kings aren't from LA, most of the NY Rangers aren't from NY, etc.

Then again I heard the Stanley Cup is somewhat relevant in the hockey world so I figured I might as well check it out. Anyone else watching?

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    I guess Idol has forsaken the NHL since none of the Canadian teams are really relevant anymore.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Loathe as I am to actually give of myself to you,I will tell you honestly that I used to be way into hockey(Bruins,racist) when I was a young man like yourself.Which by "like yourself" I obviously mean nothing like you as I'm tall and handsome and not yellow and am not given to sitting in my dorm room all by myself on weekends.
    Since then however,me and the business of team sport have had a serious falling out,to the point that don't watch really any of it any more.

Personally I blame,God because I've heard that's what He's there for and if not then at least He makes a convenient scapegoat.

I however will admit there is some truth to your babble though for if Toronto were to make a Cup run I would probably hop onto that bandwagon as I feel a sacred duty to do stuff that will never happen.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    And what do we say to the God of Hockey?

Not.

Today.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Without following the game, first one obviously should have been a penalty shot as the Ranger closed his hand on the puck in the crease.It also demonstrates why goalies muck up the area around the net with ice shavings as that puck looked sure to be going in until it ran into some invisible brick wall.

As the the second one,in fairness to the shooter,the soccer referee says it was in.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    What is the rule? Does any part of the puck have to cross the line, or is it the whole puck?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    The whole puck which makes it fun for the referees when the puck is rolling on a angle or in the air.Even with multiple cameras sometimes it just too close to tell.
    If they can't get a definitive answer then it's always a no goal.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    I knew LA would win it.... 3 straight game 7 wins!! wow... NY was no match