Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Netflix tests warnings that blame internet providers for poor streaming qual

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    The issue is a complicated one? Not really. They charge the customers for crappy service, Netflix pays them the rights to distribute the shows, and they slow down Netflix traffic to extort them to pay even more money.

Not that complicated.

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    At least Netflix is not quiet about the situation.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    Mpeace
    I think and hope if enough companies shout out, services will improve here in the usa..

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5

Angry

So...yeah, it's really not complicated at all (as other commenter said). Just another case of ISP's extorting money from others. However, I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Netflix is totally obsessed with DRM & other bullshit, yet they are fighting for Net Neutrality. They're only doing it because it costs them money, not because they actually care about the issue or how it affects everyone. It really sucks how there's only a small handful of ISP's & there are no real alternatives, especially for people like me, who live in smaller areas that aren't well known, especially in the mountains/redwoods. I'm sure I'm not the only one who loathes giving any money whatsoever to companies like Comcast. Sucks even more here, since Comcast is the ONLY available provider where I live, we don't even get to choose between the small group, it's them or nothing. Regardless though, I think it's bull that Comcast is legally able to do something like this. They should be facing legal issues over it, purely for the reason that letting them get away with crap like this is terrible & what makes it so they think they can keep doing crap like that & pushing people around.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    the isp's will always fight to get every last penny they can get out of everyone from user to a service until the fcc steps in and does something about it

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    I can agree with isps wantung to be paid for providing a service but then to restrict it because too many people are using it is ridiculous

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    Guys, this is File-Sharing Talk. I would assume if you are on here that you at least use a VPN that doesn't keep logs. I use a VPN everytime I use Netflix without any problem what-so-ever. Bottom line is with the right VPN service your ISP doesn't know jack about what you are doing.

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by voldermort View Post
    Guys, this is File-Sharing Talk. I would assume if you are on here that you at least use a VPN that doesn't keep logs. I use a VPN everytime I use Netflix without any problem what-so-ever. Bottom line is with the right VPN service your ISP doesn't know jack about what you are doing.
    Sure you can use a VPN to mask Netflix traffic but no VPN can make it so your ISP doesn't suck.

10. vBCms Comments   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbintb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by voldermort View Post
    Sure you can use a VPN to mask Netflix traffic but no VPN can make it so your ISP doesn't suck.
    lol ... ain't that the truth!

Not to stray off-topic, but at least using a VPN makes all ISPs suck less by insuring some degree of privacy. Not perfect, but the strength depends on your choice of VPN. I've heard good things about AirVPN, for example.

ISPs should be devoting ALL of their resources to making sure that streaming ability for services like Netflix is optimized (meaning no deep packet inspection or any other bandwidth-wasting, privacy-violating crap).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast