Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Cup starts today

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    BTW, this was in the school gym. Our PE "teacher" typically just left us to go "do stuff". And would literally leave.
    Did anyone ever see his tripod?
    Most of us rarely saw him. Maybe some students saw A LOT of him. Don't know. Could be that we weren't the only ones "reaching around", "tackling", and "following no rules".
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Sports Club   -   #32
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    In case any of you guys missed it... look very closely. Especially when Rodriguez is celebrating.

http://www.espnfc.com/video/latest-v...orld_Cup_Video

3. Sports Club   -   #33
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I don't think I've ever seen (and as far as in recent memory, I don't think anyone has ever seen) such a massive stomp in the World Cup. I was expecting a Germany win due to Brazil's lackluster performance despite a fairly easy group stage and bracket stag thus far, but was certainly not expecting such a massive stomp. Was it missing Neymar, Silva, or the general weakness of the Brazillian team that led to this? I'm inclined to think it was a little of everything, but less so on Neymar, since it was largely in part the defense that struggled rather than the offense.

Also if anyone could clarify, getting two yellow cards (even if they're in separate games) results in a suspension? I was more under the impression that it was more of a once you get a yellow card, you have to play more safely for the rest of the game kind of thing. Kind of like when you hit the foul limit in basketball.

4. Sports Club   -   #34
    It's all over tomorrow! My money is on Germany. I don't watch league play, but by coincidence I was in Europe for the last 3 major tournaments. Totally changes the soccer experience

5. Sports Club   -   #35
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Brazil-Nederland 0-3
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

6. Sports Club   -   #36
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    This must be another one of those weird foreign things because here in the blessed U.S. of A it's proper to list the winning team first. Netherlands 3 Brazil 0

Fucking foreigners.No wonder we feel the need to oppress so many of them.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Sports Club   -   #37
    No wonder you'll never understand this sport. Why don't you do us a favor and put your skaters on get a stick and shoot a hard rubber hockey puck.

8. Sports Club   -   #38
    Probably because it's Summer and like 30 C outside.Consequentially I'm now more lacrosse and lumberjack competitions.

Anyway I wasn't sure abut this so I checked my main two sources of knowledge,Wikipedia and The Urban Dictionary and they both confirm that you can't effectively speak against small-mindedness if you are small-minded yourself.

USA.USA.USA.

9. Sports Club   -   #39

10. Sports Club   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    Hopefully I will never understand why that seems to make sense to you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast