Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: World Cup starts today

dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    whatever!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Hopefully I will never understand why that seems to make sense to you.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

2. Sports Club   -   #42
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I don't follow soccer,mostly because it's boring and a lot of the players seem to think that being an example to the youth of the World involves grabbing of jerseys ,surreptitious fists to the face and diving to the ground and pretending to be hurt at every given opportunity,but I digress.

Being unencumbered by knowledge it was clear to me that Germany had trouble generating offense against Argentina because they allowed themselves to be constantly outnumbered in the attacking zone as Argentina was happy to simply put up a wall and hope for an occasional successful quick counterattack.

I don't blame Argentina for this, though it made something already inherently boring even more tedious.Rather I view Germany as being more than a bit gutless and not having the gonads to really play for the win.

So on that note,congratulations on a largely undeserved win,you stone-less Huns you.Fortune favours the cowardly.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Sports Club   -   #43
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Last night in Germany, millions celebrated the World Cup victory by getting shitfaced. Almost as many drank alcohol...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Sports Club   -   #44
    In honour of the German victory,Palestinian militants plan to murder several Jews today.

5. Sports Club   -   #45
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    diving to the ground and pretending to be hurt at every given opportunity,but I digress.
    What they should do is just implement some sort of a penalty for embellishment in soccer similar to what's in hockey (I like how canucks use the term soccer, you're basically American already).

On another slightly related note, and this is something that applies universally to almost every sport, is the seemingly lack of caution, concern, foresight, whatever you want to call it towards the treatment of injuries. Kramer (from Germany) can't even remember what happened during the game. Concussions almost seem like an afterthought during sports games and players are sent back on like they are nothing. This can have dire, even fatal consequences when left untreated, especially if something, even minor, were to happen again. Also leaving concussions untreated like that will lead to very bad long term health problems regardless of whether something happened when they returned to the game. I believe the NFL has started to admit it's a problem and are beginning to try to address it (but admittedly they're the sport that needed to the most). There's still much more that can be done though to ensure that these players aren't endangering their lives and become an alphabet soup of medical problems at 40.

Being unencumbered by knowledge it was clear to me that Germany had trouble generating offense against Argentina because they allowed themselves to be constantly outnumbered in the attacking zone as Argentina was happy to simply put up a wall and hope for an occasional successful quick counterattack.
    While it did seem like Argentina had more quality chances during the game (which they promptly flubbed), they seemed to have practically exhausted their tank by the time overtime rolled around. Germany just seemed to have more energy, and it certainly played a big part in that beautiful game winning goal.

Meanwhile on Sportscenter... How does Germany's last minute victory in the World Cup affect Lebron's move to Cleveland???
    Last edited by Rart; 07-15-2014 at 04:47 AM.

6. Sports Club   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    What they should do is just implement some sort of a penalty for embellishment in soccer similar to what's in hockey (I like how canucks use the term soccer, you're basically American already).
    Simply to differentiate soccer and you know,football.If I was basically American I'm sure I'd be fatter and more full of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Meanwhile on Sportscenter... How does Germany's last minute victory in the World Cup affect Lebron's move to Cleveland???
    They should change the name of the show because salaries or transfers or any and everything that happens outside of game other than training or injury has nothing to do with sport and everything to do with business.

7. Sports Club   -   #47
    Wait what? They've qualified one time. Of course, Idol will show up shortly and will explain you how low leveled are those who watch this sport.

8. Sports Club   -   #48
    We could win but we figure other countries should have at least one to be proud aboot.

9. Sports Club   -   #49

10. Sports Club   -   #50
    You anger me with your good humour.Let us take this to the pitch and settle it like proper homosexuals.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345