Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update to the Forum Rules [discussion thread]

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Forum rules/guidelines update.

The sticky for the rules update is locked, but discussion/input can be done here.
    Last edited by Skiz; 07-07-2014 at 10:13 PM.

yo

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    The same goes for replying to a thread. Remember, someone put time and thought into creating the thread
    You must be talking about a different forum. If you still think that's this forum, then you're slower than even most Texans.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    HappyG's Avatar n00b
    Hey mjmacky, your response to skiz is the reason most if not all online forums end up turning into useless random parts of good imformation. By posting a non suportive, non challenging or even a hint of a better solution, you have actually avoided the basic definition of what a forum is and have neither added to or taken away from the orignal post by skiz. So do this noob a favor and quit posting here.

Now to do what forums are meant to be used for. (watch and read carefully mj). The guidelines you have provided skiz are direct and easy to understand. By asking posters to think about how the forum works by asking questions to oneself before adding a new thread say, or posting an off topic post are good solutions. The thing i noticed as a noob is there isnt really a in your face read this first before you post anything kind of attention getter on the home page. Also repition of steering people to more than one place to read the simple guidelines would help i believe.

sorry repetition
    Last edited by HappyG; 07-09-2014 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Sometimes discussions get separated. Macky (also known as 'Mary') also had considerably more to say on the subject: https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...28#post3746528

He's actually quite articulate, and stands his ground with the best of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    HappyG's Avatar n00b
    Once again my apologies mega. mj does present a vast assortment of spot on points about this forum. I actually came here to research filesharing of all things. I have been in chat rooms back when 14.4 modems were all the rage and making money on anything to do with the internet was undiscovered sans dial up fee. So I see now that there are two sides to this coin and will try to refrain from correcting those who only appear to be assholes but know the true ins and outs of this forum. I Thank you again sir

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    There is a history here that predates me by close to a decade. A LOT of people have come and gone. The culture of this site has been in place for quite some time. If you are interested, keep diving in. Today is probably a bit more scattered (threadwise) due to discussion of the policy change.

I, too, have experience with 14.4 modems. I have very fond memories of swapping copies of C64 discs back before the internet. Had pirate in my blood as a wee lad...

You say "research". Is this personal, or for school? Do you use torrents, Usenet, or other?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyG View Post
    Once again my apologies mega. mj does present a vast assortment of spot on points about this forum. I actually came here to research filesharing of all things. I have been in chat rooms back when 14.4 modems were all the rage and making money on anything to do with the internet was undiscovered sans dial up fee. So I see now that there are two sides to this coin and will try to refrain from correcting those who only appear to be assholes but know the true ins and outs of this forum. I Thank you again sir
    Contrite works much better sans the "asshole" comment,oh allegedly mature and experienced one.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Hi Skiz & others,

I need a clarification -

I am a n00b who just joined the site (followed a link from r/trackers). The welcome thread states that
    n00b
    Your title will be set to n00b when you register on the site.
    Have access all sections of the board with some restricted
    Have full access to BT Invites & Trades Section
    Have access to NZB Section with 2 daily grabs
    However, when I attempted to post a reply on a BT invites thread, I got the following message
    To Read Threads and to Make Posts in the BT Invites & Trade Section:
    You must be member for 15 days and have 2 posts on the forum.
    You must wait one hour after meeting these requirements.
    I hope my post is not considered an infraction. And would appreciate a clarification on the site rules.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    its sucks but whatever

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ragermac View Post
    its sucks but whatever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast