Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robin williams r.i.p.

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i remember you're thingy, always talking about this and that and giving expert advice on stuff.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hello, Kev. It's not the same place without you.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    i remember you're thingy, always talking about this and that and giving expert advice on stuff.
    Yes, my thingy always made a tremendous impression.

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Hello, Kev. It's not the same place without you.
    Thanks for saying that, even though it could be construed a variety of ways...How have you been, Aaren?

Oh, and on topic, his wife divulged Williams had recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.

Not a road I've have wanted to go down, myself - watched two very good friends deal with it for years before succumbing; both of them also suffered Lewy body disease as well, which is horrifying.
    Last edited by j2k4; 08-15-2014 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    My son is getting good help on all fronts with the exception of speech. My daughter has now proven herself potty-trained, so she can now attend preschool. We have a solid lead on a nice place away from the more ghetto areas around us.

All seems to be venturing forward, whith an unbelievable number of things to our past...

How are things for you, Kev?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    One of the best actors around. So many good movies he left for us...
    R.I.P

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    My son is getting good help on all fronts with the exception of speech. My daughter has now proven herself potty-trained, so she can now attend preschool. We have a solid lead on a nice place away from the more ghetto areas around us.

All seems to be venturing forward, whith an unbelievable number of things to our past...

How are things for you, Kev?
    Oh, so glad to hear things are progressing with him - how old is he now, and what is the nature of his speech difficulty?

I can't remember his name!

Been a really long time...Can't even remember where I left off with all of you; I talk to Clocker every once in a while, and we visit when we can.

Don't think he looks in very often, but I know you remember him.

Last few times I was here, I think I talked to Manker a bit - stopped in once right after JP had ducked out.

Just celebrated ten years in business by writing beaucoup thousands of dollars on taxes, etc.

The wrinkles deepen, you know?

We're okay here.

Tell me more...
    Last edited by j2k4; 08-15-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    It was very sad to see such a comedic genius leave us. At least he leaves us a legacy of laughter behind.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by iwkid View Post
    It was very sad to see such a comedic genius leave us. At least he leaves us a legacy of laughter behind.
    j2k4 visits occasionally, he just has other stuffs to do.

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Oh, so glad to hear things are progressing with him - how old is he now, and what is the nature of his speech difficulty?

I can't remember his name!

Been a really long time...Can't even remember where I left off with all of you; I talk to Clocker every once in a while, and we visit when we can.

Don't think he looks in very often, but I know you remember him.

Last few times I was here, I think I talked to Manker a bit - stopped in once right after JP had ducked out.

Just celebrated ten years in business by writing beaucoup thousands of dollars on taxes, etc.

The wrinkles deepen, you know?

We're okay here.

Tell me more...
    His name is Preston and the twins are 4 1/2. His speech problems are a mix of Down's, stubbornness, and to some degree laziness. None of the professionals will commit to any timeframe, which is irritating, but from what I've read he should develop more after 5. A bit of emphasis on his delay because we see our daughter pass him by at every stage. Physically, he's an ox. Mentally, he's an ox...

Congratulations on your tax burden. Keep it up and eventually you'll be able to rise above taxes. Reasonably certain that's the new American Dream.

Found a preschool for our daughter today. Basically, they are on the same page we are- "we don't want the single parent dropoff, we want loved children". The only challenge is that they need to find 2 more kids for the program to be feasible.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 08-16-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Aaren, see if you can root out a copy of Tom Sowell's book Late-talking Children.

He's an economist by training, but he's also a genuine smart guy who toes the logic-line.

The book isn't - strictly-speaking - scientific, but he's put some data together in a way that presents well and makes sense, but turns things far enough left and right to give an old mind new perspective.

By old, I mean as the parent of a kid with problems who has 'heard all about it'.

Some things in there could help how you feel about/deal with Preston's problem.

Best to your mighty clan, and best luck on your impending move.

I'll try to be good and check in when I can.

-Mark Twain

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Thank you for the well-wishes, book recommendation, and for stopping in. Always a pleasure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast