Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking For A Book

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    bigboab makes a valid point for pascal as a beginner's language. My concern is finding a Pascal Compiler these days. I forgot to mention, there are beginner's books that comes with a free CD that has a compiler you use and learn with. I know you wanted ebooks but it's hard to learn without a compiler.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    well e-books in general

i don't mind using notepad or whatever
    i'm sure decompiulers can be found on any p2p programme

3. Lounge   -   #13
    i say first language to learn should be html... you get a basic understanding on programming althought it doesnt really help you w/ anyother language lol...

javascript is helpful since its pretty similar to other languages...
    c++ wasnt that hard either... after you know a language you can easily catch on to them..

4. Lounge   -   #14
    TRshady
    I think learning php, mysql and css is the way forward in programming
    Then again, if not web development, the go for c++. I wanted to learn it earlier this year, (some may remember my post asking for guides/books), but gave up on the first paragraph where they go .... "ok, compile this" ..... wtf?

Then spent another week finding out where to get a compiler and how to set it up. Saw a snippet of php ... shady was conveted

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    i already know html, php, mysql and a bit of asp

i got a good guide in spanish for c too

6. Lounge   -   #16
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    A good non-visual programming language to start with, is Q-Basic. You have to learn how to setup a program in advance with it, because you have nothing visual to start with, so you need to know what your doing. It also gives a good way into Visual Basic, and the C languages, because it's their fore father, and while many things have changed, you will still find many things the same. Q-basic and Visual basic are indeed similar, so you can move directly into Visual Basic from Q, and then on to the C, cuz they are more similar to Visual basic.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the matter of which programming language to start with. As for books on the matter, I really have no idea, I used a combination of internet searching and High school and college classes to learn the programming languages I know.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    I got an excellent guide for java in spanish, the problem is that i forgot were did i took it...

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Im sharing books you might want to see, (c++ professional programmers handbook for example)
    in SoulSeek.

Hop in and PM me there.

Cheers:
    -GS-
    Spoiler: Show

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12