Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems Using Kazaa Lite With Windows Xp

Have used Kazaa Lite successfully now for several years with Windows 98 & Windows ME.

Have just upgraded my PC to run Windows XP. Kazaa Lite doesn't seem to run very well., keeps crashing, takes a long time to locate files in My Shared Folder.

What can I do to rectify problem?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    have exactly the same problem!

On WinME no probs whatsoever but on WinXP KL freezes and crashes the comp with great frequency. Also and this is the most annoying thing, 9 out of 10 times I cannot connect KL and it cut off my Internet connection and I have to reboot the comp.

Anybody know a way around this?!?!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    both of you take your files out of your shared folder and put them in a temp and tell me if this keeps happening

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Hello MUSLEMAN, my Knight in Shining Armour!

Thank you for coming to the rescue again but...

it didn't help :'( I did as you suggested and bye bye Internet connection, hello rebooting computer.

Maybe this is not related, maybe it is but I downloaded the bittorrent software from a link on this Forum and whenever I try to download a bittorrent file, same thing happens.

Thank you very much for taking the time to try to help anyway

:"> Uhm, now this is something completely different and it is a REALLY stupid question but as I could not work it out by myself I have to swallow my pride and ask it anyway: Sig2dat?!

I HAVE read the tutorial before and after I added it to my KL tools, read two of them in fact and several times, but somehow I cannot get it to work.

As you had links to these absolutely fabulous diagrams before that even I could follow (that's how I knew how to add sig2dat to the tools) I thought just maybe you have a link for another foolproof diagram for this one? Am I really the only one too stupid to do this?! Please be gentle when answering this, lying is permitted :-"

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    if you have both upgraded to xp it may pay you to reinstall kazaa and tick the box where it says to delete all kazaalite registry keys, you may also have a corrupt dat file in your shared folder, do as muscleman suggested and take out all the files in your shared folder and put them in another folder and see if it still crashes after you have reinstalled.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    Does this have something to do with the firewall in XP? I don't have XP so not surewhat is required, but it has been discussed in here before.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    boyzeee:
    I did exactly that but still no joy. It is really getting on my nerves though
    PS: Great signature

Cyril:
    I had no idea that XP had an integrated Firewall, I use ZoneAlarm. You are right, it has been discussed before but so far nobody could come up with a solution!

Thankx to both of you for trying

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Thanks Muscleman & others.

Moved MP3 files to new folder..... now working a treat.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by andrewbrown@24 November 2003 - 21:29
    Thanks Muscleman & others.

Moved MP3 files to new folder..... now working a treat.

Cheers!!!!!!!!
    ok you have one or more corrupt files, find out which ones then put the rest back in your shared folder

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    @ice_princess please delete your db folder and see if that helps

The database files can be found in one of the following locations, depending on your version of Kazaa Lite:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db
    C:\Documents and Settings\%your username%\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db
    C:\windows\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db
    C:\program files\kazaa lite\db\

note you need to enable the showing of hidden files in your folder options to see the application data folder

if you have xp then this would be your address to it

C:\Documents and Settings\%your username%\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast