Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jebise View Post
    Listen to what anon says.
    Words to live by.
    They worked for me.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by praveenrajan View Post
    I have read many articles on cloud storage, these days storing very precious files on cloud is not so safe... What do you say?
    Define 'safe'. Safe as in being able to keep private (then encryption, both of the files AND the transmission used, with an industrial/military KNOWN grade system, i.e., Winrar) and/or 'safe' as in in the continent the cloud is on gets wacked by a meteor/comet/tsunami/whatever (then find a provider that mirrors the data 'automatically' in/on multiple continents/countries.

I have tons of data on multiple RAID array's backed up locally on BD25's (cheap) as well as in a 'public' cloud that spans several companies/entities that are on several continents and nations, attached by multi-encrypted links (SSL encapsulated by Ipsec/OpenVPN). Even though my current internet link is slow Docsis3/cable (compared to fiber to the home) it works.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton View Post
    It's safe unless you're Kim Kardashian. I don't think any hacker wants to see pictures of my hairy potato.
    If you are in crowd, you are invisible.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by pslak1 View Post
    It's safe unless you're Kim Kardashian. I don't think any hacker wants to see pictures of my hairy potato.
    Not when people who have made the effort to gain access to such data begin to sort through for what they want. A valid credit card with $1000 available on it is a worthy find. Pictures off your daughter's "private" sexting session equally of value, if that is what was being sought. Anything that can be traded, shared, or has cash value is susceptible.

Go check out a real amateur picture site and tell me all these girls are 'invisible' in a crowd...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    As meg said, they'll just driftnet the crowd en masse and fine-tooth comb the loot later.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 02-10-2015 at 04:23 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Living by the school of fish/flock of birds survival model is all well and good if you don't happen to end up being the particular fish/bird in the predator's gullet.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Sometimes. It also might just make your results easier to index until you stick out somehow.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I would always encrypt any files you upload to cloud as you never really know where they may end up...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    There always potential risk of your cloud files being compromised. Best bet if you must use cloud storage is to encrypt the files.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Gamer_155's Avatar Poster
    I'm personally paranoid about putting certain data I have onto cloud storage lol
    Fear of them seeing what I throw up there and realizing that not everything I have in their storage is a legal copy or such...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast