Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Cloud Storage really safe?

nothing is safe - we are all being watched

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    I personally use basefolder to store important files like office documents and other very important stuffs, Other unwanted (not really important) files i use to keep on cloud, basefolder has optional cloud storage too.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Yes...Its very safe

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    We need not keep our important documents in cloud storage.Always keep a backup of your data and one more thing is that we need to change our password regularly in order to be safe. The password should be strong.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by Joomladev View Post
    We need not keep our important documents in cloud storage.Always keep a backup of your data and one more thing is that we need to change our password regularly in order to be safe. The password should be strong.
    If everyones password was "strong" then a six letter lower case password could be cracked even by my pet monkey.

Only messing, just a slow day.... I dump my pics to cloud and have main VM`s on BluRay personally

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    I use Mega.nz for some things (very secure, with client side encryption). I use OneDrive for stuff that, if snooped, wouldn't wreck my world (no SSNs, credit info, etc). I use OneDrive as a destination for client side encrypted backups where I do care about security.

In general I would not trust cloud storage with anything private unless it uses client side encryption.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Cloud storage is safe and probably has plenty more people going towards this option after Apple One+ release to combine all of their services into a one low monthly plan.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    There is no cloud, it's someone else's computer.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    The application or the cloud you are using to store may have access to your precious data

Can you share what all ways can you secure our soft copies of data
    Last edited by mehak_sharma; 10-12-2021 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    There is no cloud, it's someone else's computer.
    Cloud storage is not secure and remember Apple are scanning all images these days. That means yours photos and files are not private in any way.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast