Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Cloud Storage really safe?

I have read many articles on cloud storage, these days storing very precious files on cloud is not so safe... What do you say?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Jenifer Lawrence says no.

(Image removed)

Although there is some indication that the individuals who were hacked were done so through the passwords on their phones. Still not wise to hand off control of anything you want kept private.

My doctor's office was hit, as well as at least one of the major retailers I shop at. I wouldn't expect "The Cloud" to be any more secure than either of those...
    Last edited by anon; 11-13-2014 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Removed image (rule 6)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    In Jenifer's defense,she was obviously too busy taking an abundance of skanky pictures to find the time to think about security.

As for cloud storage,I'm not technically a scientist but I pretty sure that their density precludes you being able to set anything on them.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by praveenrajan View Post
    I have read many articles on cloud storage, these days storing very precious files on cloud is not so safe... What do you say?
    Could you be more specific? What kinda files are we talking about? There are many alternative ways to secure your file such as MD5 hashsums. As I said depends what kinda file.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I imagine things will get slightly less secure when people who can't afford to pay their heating bills start storing server farms in their meth labs. http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...from_them.html
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by praveenrajan View Post
    Always keep local backups, and never upload anything you really wouldn't want others to see. The last one has little to do with the security of any particular cloud, by the way.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    It's safe unless you're Kim Kardashian. I don't think any hacker wants to see pictures of my hairy potato.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Listen to what anon says.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jebise View Post
    Listen to what anon says.
    Words to live by.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Even in India 2,3 companies have suffered because of this kind of hit. Should find for an alternative like basefolder. Have you ever used basefolder?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast