Thread: Games size !

Surprised/Amazed

What about the size on games just lately ?
    Not just PC but ps3 aswell
    Ok there filling up discs with movies on clips of fav
    But a PC file can be twice as big or bigger I know it's all to do with textures an sh##
    Over 40 gigs is becoming the norm
    I like to wait for repacks or one off those ultra packed game jobbies they still unpack to the same size
    But can be only half or 2/3 of the standard size
    I'm not moaning I'm just saying "phew" some files are BIG ! .
    Looks like I will need to buy a blu-Ray burner all my hard drives are filling up quicker
    Thank for reading

2. Games   -   #2
    You may be better off getting a "backup" drive as burning blu-rays takes up a lot of time and patience!

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by optiknerve View Post
    You may be better off getting a "backup" drive as burning blu-rays takes up a lot of time and patience!
    Two things I don't have ,any how the cheapest blu-ray drive I found was £45 then you have to buy the blanks
    And I can get 1 tb for the same money
    Thanks for the info

4. Games   -   #4
    I totaly agree. The size expands so fast!
    But not only that. The amount of vram needed for the newer PC games did incease equally, imho

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by snrrr View Post
    Some conspiracy theorists say it's an anti-piracy measure. You see, if you turn to pirating because you live in a poor country and cannot afford to pay for today's oft-overpriced games, having to download 20, 30 or 40 GB over a slow and unreliable Internet connection is a severe letdown.

Of course, such cases hardly qualify as "lost sales" in the first place.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snrrr View Post
    Some conspiracy theorists say it's an anti-piracy measure. You see, if you turn to pirating because you live in a poor country and cannot afford to pay for today's oft-overpriced games, having to download 20, 30 or 40 GB over a slow and unreliable Internet connection is a severe letdown.

Of course, such cases hardly qualify as "lost sales" in the first place.
    It works to some extend then. I can think at least 2 cases which I avoid a game because of the size, and my download speed is not even that bad.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    It's mainly due to games being prettier over time which also mean that you have provide more detailed (bigger) assets.

8. Games   -   #8
    Yah, they pack em like Wii games.

9. Games   -   #9
    game size are being crazy, but hardrive capacity are following so all in all, not much a difference i guess