Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem Installing Call Of Duty

I downloaded the Deviance release of Call of Duty.

I installed the 1st CD from the dev-coda.bin file, but for the 2nd CD I needed to burnt it onto a CD, because part-way through the 1st CD installation, it asks for the 2nd CD and it doesn't give you the option to browse your computer (you can only continue the 2nd part of the installation if you have the CD).

Because the 2nd CD is 726mb, I opened the bin file with WinISO and extracted all the contained files (because when the files are all seperately extracted the filesize is substancialy less, as most of you will know). When I'd extracted them and it came to 697mb, I burnt all the extracted files onto a CD and then when prompted by the installation, I inserted the 2nd CD in the drive.

The problem is that my CD drive didn't detect the CD, probably because I didn't straight up burn the dev-codb.bin file onto a CD (because it was 726mb and I only have 700mb blank CDs)

If anyone can tell me what I need to do, I would be grateful.

Please post the tips on here, or preferably E-mail me the solution at: [email protected]

Thank you in advance to everyone for

a) reading through that babble

and

B) for trying to help

-Oggy.

2. Games   -   #2
    Only in a Processor.
    there's something called Deamon tools, search for it, it will read your .bin files, it will also read .iso, .ccd, and a couple others i think. But what it will also do is create a virtual drive, and you mount this file. Search for it on google or something, and use their step-by-step, cuz it's way too hard to explain...
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

3. Games   -   #3
    Links to daemon tools and its tutorial in signature

4. Games   -   #4
    Images over 700 MB are not REALLY over 700 MB when your burn them as a image.

Dont burn images as data. burn them as images. and even ones that appear to be over 800 MB will be under 700 MB when burned as a image NOT data

5. Games   -   #5
    yea, just burn it. deviance dont crack low quality games others do that

6. Games   -   #6
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    why cant u cheak the pinn section there 2 diffrent Guide to mount the image files(.bin and .iso)

Mounting image

Edit:
    About cd detection problem its becuz of cd contains protection u need to burn it with alcohol 120% and choose right protection then burn it

but still best way is to Mount it and will not get any problem

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Games   -   #7
    I have the same problem as Oggy.

Burned cd2 on a cd and it fitted, but when it asked me for cd2 during installation, it didn't want to read it!

Last week I did the same with Fifa 2004 and it worked.

Is there a way to fix this, without using Daemon tools???

8. Games   -   #8
    Your burning it as data... you DONT burn images as data. use the burn image option in the software, i suggest Alcohol 120%

9. Games   -   #9
    Well I understand that. I extracted the downloaded file (cod cd2) with isobuster and put that on the cd. That didn't work.

But I understand that I have to burn the image files of cd2 on a new cd.

But how do I convert those extracted files (by Isobuster) to image files so i can burn them on a cd??

Can I do that with Isobuster???

10. Games   -   #10
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    if u did download it from here then its bin image no need to convert just use stiky guides for image burrning to burn or mount them

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast