Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Top Gear?

The new series of top gear has been pretty good so far, however they are just recycling plots from previous episodes, whether they can last another 5 years is questionable. Of course everything is scripted and fake, but it enjoyable good fun.

In response to the comment made by Elon regarding the Tesla issue of course they were going to crack the joke it went flat half way the lap.

Also I agree that its a comedy show with cars, and not sensible car reviews like fifth gear, driven and old top gear. But they are giving people what they want and regardless of complaints as long as the viewing figures remain high and BBC will continue to comission further series.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    I agree. Staged or not it still puts a smile on my face.

And that to me is it doing its job...about the only thing I watch from UK TV to be honest.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    It does what its supposed to do and entertain people for an hour. If you want a car show, then Fifth Gear is still quite good and is coming back, but to a new channel. I think its starting on the History channel, maybe as Tiff is getting quite old now

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Outside of the news Top Gear is mostly the same, which is what makes it so much fun for me. It's always interesting to see what new places Clarkson can go and spread British humor. The 8 year old in me is still laughing from the British IT stunt in India.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by madjock View Post
    about the only thing I watch from UK TV to be honest.
    Seriously? No Doctor Who? Primeval? Psychoville? Strike Back? Or even Broadchurch?

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    I also was thinking that Top Gear was getting a little too staged. I mean I know it was staged, but it felt staged in the last few seasons. This new season has kept me entertained and doesnt feel as staged as the last few seasons.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madjock View Post
    about the only thing I watch from UK TV to be honest.
    Seriously? No Doctor Who? Primeval? Psychoville? Strike Back? Or even Broadchurch?
    Luther. The Fall.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    I still love topgear, I don`t hate JC as he made it what it is now. Lets face it the man who drives the direction of the show.

Skip the star in a car poo then generally great, May and his "I did it proper" is getting a bit old but there you go..... I like the staged setup but yes they do push it too far and very obvious at times which isn`t great as a viewer

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    It was only this fifth episode that started to put me off again, first 3 were great, 4th one was iffy, but that Peugeot segment was painful. I also usually skip past the Star in the Car, but last few have been quite amusing.

It also makes me laugh when people say they should review cars the general public use, can you just imagine how boring that would be in reality ?

I suppose I want special episodes every episode and thats never going to happen.
    Last edited by madjock; 02-25-2015 at 12:50 PM.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    That is the new (well couple of last seasons) version from TG US.... and yes I love that show although staging is again well up there..... it is all part of the charm is the way I see it.

Best regards to all TG fans
    Grib
    Last edited by Gribley; 02-25-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast