Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Top Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    It's a proven scientific fact that anyone who owns a really expensive car is a dick.
    That's true nine times out of ten. I know a couple of people with expensive cars and they are really down to earth and nice. I think it depends on whether they come from a wealthy family or started out poor and built there fortunes.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Nine out of ten are amazing odds so I'm going to put all my money on that your friends are actually dicks too.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Well, it's probably 98 out of a hundred. Of course one of them is an older woman who is the nicest person you would ever meet. Her husband is a dick, but maybe that's because it's her money. The other one is an old timer who made his own fortune. He can be a dick when it comes to business, but outside of work he is the most mellow guy you'll meet. Most people can be a dick at times. Some people are just always a dick. And most of them drive a Mercedes.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    I've been watching it for years. Still like the new version.

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    The keep going scene will air on Tuesday. Rutledge Wood, one of the three co-hosts of the History Channel's Top Gear USA, has reported that the show has been dropped. ... It's not clear precisely why the show was dropped, yet Top Gear USA never figured out how to assemble indistinguishable force from the BBC unique

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    I never liked the show (only saw the UK version). But then I can't stand people talking with a British accent.

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    But then I can't stand people talking with a British accent.
    Fairly sure you think we are all Australian anyway.

On TG front new season isn`t great so far, little crappy off-road poo with the chumpion of cheap still trying to get a position on the show. The estate thing was just dull.

In balance however Grandtour has not been that special either.

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    Caballero's Avatar Hung Like A Horse
    After all these years the format probably did not age very well... Plus, given all the climate change hoopla, can we really still burn excessive amounts of petroleum products with a good conscience for silly stunts in these overpriced vehicles?

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyverSG1 View Post
    But then I can't stand people talking with a British accent.
    Fairly sure you think we are all Australian anyway.

On TG front new season isn`t great so far, little crappy off-road poo with the chumpion of cheap still trying to get a position on the show. The estate thing was just dull.

In balance however Grandtour has not been that special either.
    Australian accent is even worse.

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Accents that make you sound dumb are the worst. I would include hillbilly American, Newfoundlander and whatever it is they are speaking on British reality shows among these.

Also dion's or that might just be him.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast