Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Divorced Parents

sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I'm sure my clone has something to say about this...but I haven't seen him around today.
    I wonder where the hell he is?!
    ...probably posing as a police officer and issuing citations for "Untimely Public Flatulence", or makin up more "Me & Ryan Phillipe" lies for his blog.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Originally posted by Seychella@24 November 2003 - 06:54

My ex and I have had our bitter times ..... when she went to live with him mostly... but basically we have stayed friends and if one has a major problem in their life somehow they always seem to call the other. I hope this happens for your parents ... it's not going to be easy .... but nothing is. I hope this helps a little?
    Well, Mum hates dad with a passion and dad has some psycological problems, so I don't see mum being that happy if I tell her I want to take up the job offer dad's given me. Basically I get to run my dad's company while he signs a few bits of paper and plays golf. I've don't that type of job before and the business has HEAPS of potential, so I know I can make a lot of money out of it. I've never had much money before and it would be nice to be able to do some of the things I want to. I want to put some aside for my sister too, cause she had to go though all the same stuff (well I don't know - hard stuff anyway) and I want to look after her.

But yeah, it does help.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Thanks Alex and everyone for your posts...

Im not the child of a divorced couple, but im a divorced mother with children and its been an eyeopener reading how divorce has/does affect you.

My divorce has been extremely acrimonious and its hurt no end seeing the effect it has upon my kids. It also hurts though when kids, take sides! I was the one who ended my marriage, not for another person, but because my welfare and that of my kids was in jeopardy. Since that day my ex has set out to cause as much heartache for me as he could.

Ive never spoken badly of him to my kids, I dont believe that's my role as their mum, in fact i openly encourage contact between the kids and their dad. At the end of the day all i can do is to keep letting my kids know that i didnt divorce them!

My advice for what its worth... your parents love you, avoid discussions with them about each other. Just remember that you kids will never know what really happened between your parents no matter how much you think so. There's three sides to every divorce..... Mum's, Dad's and the Truth...

Let your parents know that you love them too... (parents need a little reassurance as well....)

Good luck to you all... i really do hope that you are all able to somehow come to terms with it.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    cowswithguns's Avatar Poster
    I, like Ozbabe, didn't have divorced parents but I am now divorced myself. I am one of the lucky ones who is still on very good terms with my ex and this, I feel, has had a tremendous bearing on how my children felt about our break up.

We have always tried let the kids know that, no matter what had happened, they were still loved by both of us. They live with me but have unlimited access to their Dad and this has also helped.

It has had it's moments but overall we have made the best we could from a bad situation.

I realise that this is not always the case when parents divorce but the most important thing is to realise is that no matter what the circumstance, both parents still love you.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    BANNED
    I wish my parents had divorced when I was young, but they stayed together "for the sake of the kids". This meant we suffered for it. As a teenager I begged my mother to divorce him, he made her life misereable. He only stopped bullying me when I stabbed him in the arm when I was 17, as he tried to slap me across the face for refusing his "order" to make him a cup of tea.

I've since been married and divorced three times. To have stayed together would have been doing my kids no favours. My youngest two, 17 & 15, have shared parents since they were 3 & 1. We lived near each other and shared them. Our kids got off the school bus where and when they wanted. They have no problems, and a great sense of freedom.

Just remember the old saying; Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

There has been a lot of good advice in this thread, I hope it helps you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12