Thread: Could Use Your Help.

I have downloaded audio books that I would like to put on CD but the files are too large. Is there a way to split the files on to two seperate CDs? This might be a newbie question which would be appropriate seeing as that is what I am.

I am also having trouble loading microsoft office xp that I have downloaded. I am not sure if its the files or myself that is making the mistake. I have to confess to not being sure what to do with the file after I have downloaded it. I would appreciate any help that you can offer. Thanks

2. Music   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I have downloaded audio books that I would like to put on CD but the files are too large. Is there a way to split the files on to two seperate CDs?
    if its a .wav file, try loading it into a program called DVtool. it's freeware. search google for stg like "splitting video files" or if not, PM me for it. i'll get you a hyperlink to it.

I am also having trouble loading microsoft office xp that I have downloaded. I am not sure if its the files or myself that is making the mistake. I have to confess to not being sure what to do with the file after I have downloaded it.
    If its a .iso file i think you need to burn it in nero to cd then write...best to try to get a .exe or a .zip if you're not sure.

This might be a newbie question which would be appropriate seeing as that is what I am.
    Don't worry, everyone (even FC et all) was a newbie once over! if you're still stuck, reply to this post, and someone may be able to help.
    <insert signature here>

3. Music   -   #3
    Thanks for the help. I think the first 2 office zip files I downloaded were bogus. The ISO may have been bad as well or I may have just did the wrong things. I found a valid zip file so the office problem is taken care of. Now I am going to try to follow your advice on splitting the audio file. B)

Thanks again.

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    hmm, best bet is to convert it from mp3 to .wav and then slice it up, then convert back to mp3, its a roundabout way i know,
    search for wav editors or just download goldwave its quick and easy