Thread: Logitech Itouch Software

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I bought a logitech keyboard months ago and installed all the latest drivers for it and my, also new, optical mouse (also logitech), to take advantage of the features of this keyboard.

I was having problems with my computer not shutting down properly. I would clicl shutdown but it would take like 5 minutes to shutdown...also to restart or logoff. Finally i pinpointed it to be the iTouch software causing my problems. Now ive waited months for logitech to realease a new driver to fix this problem but they still havent updated :( In fact, they havent updated since 11/27/2002...2002.

Im starting to think they arent going to release a new driver.

The keyboard is a logitech internet nevigator USB keyboard.

does anybody know a fix for the shutdown problem because i really like having the extra features of the keyboard (play, pause, volume, home page key, etc) which dont work with teh native driver.

Im running windows xp pro sp1 with every update.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    are you sure its itouch... i got the wireless keyboard n mouse combo and i have no problems..

i started having a slower START UP when i installed objectdock

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i also have logitech, and no problems here either. But as for the new drivers, i doubt we will see one, due to the release of their new keyboard/mouse combo a few months ago. Try to uninstall the logitech software and see if it fixes the problem

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    ive had the software uninstalled for months because of this problem and i have finally decided to reinstall it last night but its still slow, I know it is the iTouch software because of trying this.
    Also i have seen on forums people talking about itouch making their computers shutdown slow but everyones answer was to wait for a newer driver and that is what i ddi but notta.

Ive also tried reinstalling windows and that doesnt help.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    good news logitech released a new version of the itouch software just yesterday (nov 24) and it claims to have fixed the slow shutdown on xp problem , im downloading it right now......