Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tweaknews- another recent Highwinds/UNS acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    Beck38
    Once there are only highwinds scums and gigashit left uploading will become almost impossible due to them banning left and right uploaders accounts.
    I don't think it's 'quite' to the 'sky is falling' stage yet. Yes, it looks like highwinds is following the Comcast (US) corporate takeover scheme in gobbling up a lot/most/all? of the smaller operators. Perhaps it's the cost analysis of trying to compete against Astraweb/Giganews, adding to the plants while not allowing anything to 'roll off', so some industry-wide concentration is bound to happen.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Poster
    Sad news, I'll think 2 times before my incoming renewal

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    Doh, just renewed for another 3 months recently. Hope it's not affected for a while.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Poster
    Tweak's servers have now switched over, headers look like a typical highwinds setup & no more X-Trace

Code:
    221 0 <[email protected]> head
    Path: news.astraweb.com!border6.a.newsrouter.astraweb.com!news.astraweb.com!border5.a.newsrouter.astraweb.com!bcyclone05.am1.xlned.com!bcyclone05.am1.xlned.com!posting5.xlned.com!feeder.cambriumusenet.nl!feed.tweaknews.nl!posting.tweaknews.nl!fe54.am1.POSTED!not-for-mail
    Newsgroups: alt.binaries.teevee
    Subject: Re: [231876]-[FULL]-[#a.b.teevee@EFNet]-[ Modern.Family.S03E18.BDRip.XviD-DEMAND ]- modern.family.s03e18.bdrip.xvid-demand-sample.avi
    References: <part1of36.2nqrXG0Yq1XZY9H6&[email protected]>
    Lines: 2
    Message-ID: <DdPCw.50349$_b7.9026@fe54.am1>
    X-Complaints-To: [email protected]
    NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 20:47:31 UTC
    Organization: Tweaknews
    Bytes: 667
    Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 20:47:31 GMT
    X-Received-Bytes: 699
    X-Received-Body-CRC: 3276776729

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    Tweak's servers have now switched over, headers look like a typical highwinds setup & no more X-Trace
    sigh, I have 2 months and 9 days left on tweak. Last I checked I was able to grab a lot more from them than usenetbucket but I guess thats going to change.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    That sucks. I'm glad I held off on paying for a Tweaknews account.

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    Yeah, I'm glad I held off on renewing as mine's expiring in a few days. I get that these guys have to do take downs, but do they have to do them immediately? Anybody know how long they have under DMCA rules to comply?

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    My tweaknews account stopped working on 11th Feb and no record of it in my dashboard. There is a notice that they had trouble migrating some accounts and are working 'as fast as possible' to fix it but 6 days to migrate some accounts seems pretty excessive.

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    My tweaknews account stopped working, too. After waiting for two days I contacted support and got issued a new account with new login credentials. I had the basic plan with about 5 weeks remaining and got a new 3-month basic plan.

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    I thought it would be pointless to contact them initially because I saw their notice that they were working on it and assumed everything would be migrated by the time they replied.

But yeah, considering 6 days have passed with no update, I will contact them now to see if they can sort it out. Thanks for your feedback.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast