Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What new show are you watching and enjoying?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Basically I can sum up all shows by placing them in two categories,those that try to produce the best product they can and those that don't . Most of the time its pretty easy to see the difference.
    Vikings though I don't like tries while The Flash clearly panders.Now apply that to everything and it's simple to separate the quality from the shit.Big Bang Theory-shit, Veep-not shit.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I think some shows just miss their mark without lack of trying. So many hands involved; so many places it can go wrong. Strong writing overcomes quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I think some shows just miss their mark without lack of trying.
    I'm talking long term here,not something like Cop Rock that was destined to fail from the outset.Give me two examples of an audience supported show that strives for a measure of excellence but falls way short.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    Doesn't a show have to be fairly 'good' first in order to receive that audience support? I'm mainly talking about shows that almost qualify as good, but just cannot manage to find their stride.

For your question, these are two that failed to find their audience, but were very much liked:

Police Squad and Firefly
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I've also recently binge-watched The 100, and am up-to-date. It's strength lies in just how dark and brutal it is willing to go....
    Yeah, two hot women warrior leaders could have developed into such a dark strength... well I would have been willing to go.

(It is so strange one can feel betrayed, but still loved by the betrayer.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    I've also recently binge-watched The 100, and am up-to-date. It's strength lies in just how dark and brutal it is willing to go....
    Yeah, two hot women warrior leaders could have developed into such a dark strength... well I would have been willing to go.

(It is so strange one can feel betrayed, but still loved by the betrayer.)
    There can be only one hot woman warrior leader! The story arc with the missile could get pretty dark, too.

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    Better Call Saul
    The Walking Dead
    Good Wife
    Empire
    ...plus a bunch more. I should probably watch less TV.

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    Doesn't a show have to be fairly 'good' first in order to receive that audience support? I'm mainly talking about shows that almost qualify as good, but just cannot manage to find their stride.

For your question, these are two that failed to find their audience, but were very much liked:

Police Squad and Firefly
    They didn't "miss their mark" they failed to find an audience ,there's a difference.The baseline here is not how popular a show is but if it' lives to be something other than simply a source of income for those involved.

As for "Doesn't a show have to be fairly 'good' first in order to receive that audience support?" Keeping Up With the Kardashians just signed a $100 million dollar deal for it's 10th season and in the same article it said that some iTunes video game about Kim K has generated $47 million dollars in profit so to answer your question "No" and "Fuck no".

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    I'm enjoying The Last Man on Earth, silly but fun.

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    Bloodline on Netflix is good

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast