Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What new show are you watching and enjoying?

Watched the first episode of iZombie last night.. total shite..

Love Banshee thou watched it all over the weekend..

2. Movies & TV   -   #52
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Going to have a 12 Monkeys binge watch right now.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #53
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Doesn't a show have to be fairly 'good' first in order to receive that audience support? I'm mainly talking about shows that almost qualify as good, but just cannot manage to find their stride.

For your question, these are two that failed to find their audience, but were very much liked:

Police Squad and Firefly
    They didn't "miss their mark" they failed to find an audience ,there's a difference.The baseline here is not how popular a show is but if it' lives to be something other than simply a source of income for those involved.

As for "Doesn't a show have to be fairly 'good' first in order to receive that audience support?" Keeping Up With the Kardashians just signed a $100 million dollar deal for it's 10th season and in the same article it said that some iTunes video game about Kim K has generated $47 million dollars in profit so to answer your question "No" and "Fuck no".
    I would really like to meet the people or the committee who votes on to what show gets cut or not. I think a lot of them are on the wrong medications when there are making the decision. I cant see why some of these reality shows are picked so fast and for many seasons (boring and repetitive). When you look at some of the small networks take a shot on non-reality tv series and a year later the big networks pick it up. And I have noticed on some occasions that the big networks cancel the show and the small networks keep it alive.
    Last edited by shaina; 03-28-2015 at 07:44 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #54
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Finishing 12 Monkeys binge.

(I like time travel shit.
    )
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

5. Movies & TV   -   #55
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Logical-dude View Post
    Watched the first episode of iZombie last night.. total shite..
    I've seen all 3 of the eps available to this point. I kinda like the show. My main annoyance with it is that they feel the need to remind us that she's dead every 37 seconds. Yeah, figured that out early in the first show. Move on...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #56
    Backstrom......cool show

7. Movies & TV   -   #57
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    12 Monkeys

(Dunno why, could be the whole time shifting saving the world thing or that I just like monkeys.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-11-2015 at 11:16 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.

8. Movies & TV   -   #58
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    So the new Daredevil series garners a 9.4 on IMDB and yet is horrible on every level that actually matters.
    To be fair though I don't know if the acting is really that bad as the dialogue is so terrible ("Do you really think that one man in a funny suit can make a difference?") that it's hard to tell.

Seriously plays like Arrow 2.0(this being bad) with worse art direction.Plus did they really have to use the Ben Affleck DD suit as it never really worked in the first place?
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Movies & TV   -   #59
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    So the new Daredevil series garners a 9.4 on IMDB and yet is horrible on every level that actually matters.
    To be fair though I don't know if the acting is really that bad as the dialogue is so terrible ("Do you really think that one man in a funny suit can make a difference?") that it's hard to tell.

Seriously plays like Arrow 2.0(this being bad) with worse art direction.Plus did they really have to use the Ben Affleck DD suit as it never really worked in the first place?
    You know Idol... Your critiquing and your narrative of movies and tv shows is very well appreciated and respected (choking !!and coughing !!)

Just by your un-factual statements and being drastically unrealistic , with all my heart, I thank you.

One thing I can say that is factual ...... Your list of good Movies and Tv Shows is extremely short !!!

10. Movies & TV   -   #60
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Forgive me for being neither drunk or desperate enough to want to sleep with the fat chick.Feel free to wallow in those fat folds if you lesser standards though.

Daredevil truly is terrible though and not in a good awful way like Meg's posts.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-12-2015 at 11:45 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast