Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 grabs

Quote Originally Posted by jbondnj007 View Post
    I've been a long time member and I'm pretty bummed about the 2 grab limit. I'll definitely try to contribute more but debating about donating.
    Same here...odd that the two limit kicked in, either something was broke, or changed. Long time member and previously had no two grab limit. Does 7 more posts really equal anything meaningful to get 10 grabs? Seems silly...

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slippery49 View Post
    guess it is a valid way to get us members to contribute to site more
    I totally agree except for the valid and contribute parts.

tell me how you really feel, lol

lay down on the doctors lounge to make yourself more comfortable

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith2626 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbondnj007 View Post
    I've been a long time member and I'm pretty bummed about the 2 grab limit. I'll definitely try to contribute more but debating about donating.
    Same here...odd that the two limit kicked in, either something was broke, or changed. Long time member and previously had no two grab limit. Does 7 more posts really equal anything meaningful to get 10 grabs? Seems silly...
    I thought the change was odd too. As you say 7 more posts probably doesn't add much but at least it's not hard to do.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    I don't really like this 2 grabs per 24 hours limit. I know you are trying to promote forums and trying to get more donations, but it seems that it also might drive away people from this site because they can't be bothered to make 10 posts or pay. Like someone already mentioned earlier, users contribute even if they are not donators.

I like this site because nzbs are uploaded manually, so usually only legit stuff is posted on the site. But in order for content to be on the site you need nzb uploaders. If users are driven away by some limits, you'll also lose some nzb uploaders or potential future nzb uploaders. Compared to previous nzb giants (newzbin, nzbmatrix), this site is not that great, a lot of the quality stuff that is posted on newsgroups never makes it to this site, or if it does, much later then it was posted. This is because you don't have that many nzb uploaders. I find myself looking at other nzb sites some times because I can't find what I was looking for here. I uploaded some of those nzbs to this site, also if there's something wrong with the posts I would post comments on them (I don't think I ever had to on this site though). I'm sure there are many people like me who don't talk on forums but do contribute in some way to the site.

Personally I wouldn't recommend a website to a friend which imposes such limits.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Yeah ten posts seems unreasonable to get stuff for free especially considering you being lazy.
    Last edited by Rart; 02-13-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: hostile
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    Every other site has a pay for play model. Don't like it? Go elsewhere. That's your right. To suggest, paradoxically, that people will come out of the woodwork to contribute by making it easier to leech is foolish and goes against pretty much everything we've seen here in the past few months. People participate or they don't. I had my reasons, and they never once involved money or compensation.

Threatening you or your friends' patronage like some entitled old lady on Yelp just sounds jilted and childish.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 02-13-2015 at 06:13 PM.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Yeah ten posts seems unreasonable to get stuff for free especially considering you a being lazy censored.
    Now I know you're Chinese because you think censorship is the solution to any problem.

Also it's a word not a fist and I could have just as easily put "flower" with the same "hostile" intent and I suppose that would be OK if you're Southern Baptist or stupid.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    I just noticed it last night by accidentally clicking on the download button on the same NZB lol.
    Last edited by famoussasjohn; 02-14-2015 at 02:30 AM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    Yeah ten posts seems unreasonable to get stuff for free especially considering you being lazy.
    It's not unreasonable at all; but for some reason, I had trouble finding the new rules .
    I mean, who reads the 'Read first' threads ?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    You're a retired staff member. And you had your post edited. You really shouldn't have bbeen staff

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast