Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: "america's Ignorance Of The World Is Now A

The war is over! "Mission Accomplished" right? (Or am I just naive to think that?) And the war was about oil. Always was. Bush still thinks he is running an oil company (and badly, like he has always run his oil companies).

And America's economic potential? 10% of the population controls 90% of the wealth. Fine, those guys were smart enough to get the money so they should have it. But surely there is enough money to go around so that everybody can have a decent quality of life.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #112
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    "Mission Accomplished" was a public relations/political stunt that has come back to bite Bush in the ass.
    Presumptuous twit.

The war was never about oil.
    Had that been the overriding motive we would have invaded Canada.

Actually, I think it's more like 1% controls 90% of the capital, but it's a capitalist system, so what are you gonna do?

We are in Iraq because the Bush advisory cabal realized early on that their boy was too stupid to deal with the economy or diplomacy, so instigating a war and reveling in the "Big Stick" image was a easy ( and ultimately, the only) course to take.
    You have to work with what you got, after all.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #113
    Well maybe it wasn't totally about oil. Maybe it was so that Bush could help out his campiagn contibutors by giving them lucrative reconstruction contracts in Iraq

Rather than the "Big Stick" image, couldn't they just impeach him? He's lied to Congress enough. Someone is ging to come back at me and say he never lied: Telling your advisers they can't give you any bad news, or ignoring information that does not support your case for going to war is worse than lying - And soldiers shouldn't have to die on a foreign battlefield because Bush needs to prove he can weild the "Big Stick".

4. The Drawing Room   -   #114
    BANNED
    So it wasn't about oil? Then let's look at the "Axis of Evil"
    North Korea, Iran, Iraq.

Weapons of mass destruction? N. Korea, yes, Iran, almost, Iraq, no.

Threatening neighbours? N. Korea, yes. Iran. no. Iraq, no.

Army, navy and air force? N. Korea, yes. Iran, yes. Iraq, no.

Democracy? N. Korea, Iran, Iraq, no.

Human rights abusers? N. Korea, Iran, Iraq, yes.

Large oil reserves? N. Korea, no. Iran, no. Iraq, yes.

And so on ... Now, if you were to pick on one country to invade, which should it be first? Which country is the biggest threat to world peace?

If Iraq had no oil, the US and the others wouldn't be there. They went in supposedly looking for WMD, now they claim it was to liberate the people of Iraq. Bullshit!!

The same reason they armed the Mujahadin, oil! The same reason they installed the Taliban, oil! The same reason they are now paying off the Afghani warlords, oil!

The US has to leave Saudi Arabia, they need a base in the Middle East to protect "their" oil, simple as that.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #115
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@30 November 2003 - 12:34
    Wal-mart in the UK (ASDA) isnt like that

Sounds like KwikSave or Netto...
    WalMart is a combination of the dept. store from the robin williams movie "one hour photo" (the looks of the store) and the fictional MegaLoMart from the cartoon series "king of the hill" (low prices, but aisle after aisle full of shoddy products & inept employees).

6. The Drawing Room   -   #116
    oil, human rights, and democracy aside... and i don't believe any of those are THE primary motive in most decisions... it's about forcing countries like iraq to act like well-behaved citizens of the capitalist community, and to contribute to the western economy in some way. as long as they do that, the citizens of those places can get stuffed, as far as business interests are concerned (and business interests are basically the only interests that matter, as far as i know...).

7. The Drawing Room   -   #117
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@30 November 2003 - 21:42

The same reason they armed the Mujahadin, oil! The same reason they installed the Taliban, oil! The same reason they are now paying off the Afghani warlords, oil!

The US has to leave Saudi Arabia, they need a base in the Middle East to protect "their" oil, simple as that.

So Billy, how much oil are we getting from Iraq?

Gee, that's right, NONE.
    In fact we are paying ridiculous prices to import gasoline into Iraq.

How long till the Iraqi infrastructure is rebuilt and the oil industry is back in full swing?
    Hmmm, the ever optimistic Bush administration says 1 year. Maybe.
    More realistic observers might say 2 or more years and that is assuming that sabatage/ terrorist attacks don't happen.
    Fat chance.

I never bought the Bush explanation of WMD and I don't buy the "American Oil" theory either.
    Sorry.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #118
    BANNED
    It doesn't matter when the oil comes up, it's in the ground, same as in the bank. And it isn't just Iraq's oil they are protecting, it's the Middle East's oil, all of it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #119
    Poster
    people always complain about America's problems even if they dont even live in America. thats pretty sad and pathetic.then u turn it around on us acting like your country doesn't have its share or problems like drugs have never touched your soil, or you do not have prositutes. what a bunch of pathetic shitty ass hypocrits and clocker u fuckin moron the water we use to keep our Golf Resorts going in Arizona also play a big part in our economy in this state which actually effects America instead of some asshole halfway around the got damn world u jackass.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #120

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast