Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "america's Ignorance Of The World Is Now A

FatBastard
    I always saw it as Conservatives look after each other, whilst Liberals looked after others. Wouldn't you agree j2k4?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by FatBastard@27 November 2003 - 03:21
    I always saw it as Conservatives look after each other, whilst Liberals looked after others.  Wouldn't you agree j2k4?
    No, 'fraid not.

It might be more appropriate to say (as a conservative) that we would prefer to teach people how to look out for themselves, as they are best equipped to do that job.

Liberals administer "programs", which make the liberals feel good, but don't do anything for "others", than make them dependent on the liberals.

Conservatives find this methodology elitist.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    FatBastard
    So which side of politics in the US brought your social welfare programs then?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    Originally posted by FatBastard@27 November 2003 - 03:45
    So which side of politics in the US brought your social welfare programs then?
    The general blossoming of such social programs is attributable to Lyndon Johnson's "Great Society" legislation of the '60s.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    FatBastard
    Was he a Conservative?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Don't be so coy. He was a Democrat.

Which is still fairly conservative by the standards here.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    Originally posted by j2k4@27 November 2003 - 07:02
    The political differences are a bit more profound than you think, Alex H.

Your understanding of what a conservative would consider "traditional values" would indicate you are a bit behind the curve, if you'll excuse my saying it that way.

Rather than go into all that here, though, I can only resort to urging you to run a search-while I'm not the only conservative here (there is one other one, young kAb-a good man) I think others would agree I am the most prolific.

So, since I'm feeling really lazy, if you want to find out what this conservative is about, run a search and do some reading.

I know, I know.

Never mind.

Just ask the others here-I'm sure they'll tell you about me and my politics.

Seriously-

Just stick around-things will clarify themselves soon enough.
    Ok, thats a fair call - I know the whole situation is more complicated, and I knwo what you mean about Leftist "programs". It just seems obvious that you look after everyone in a society, otherwise the people at the bottom end up being such a drag on the whole society that it eventually brings everybody down.

I shouldn't complain really: with Bush draging your economy down, its making ours look much better in comparison

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88
    Originally posted by Alex H@27 November 2003 - 22:20

I shouldn't complain really: with Bush draging your economy down, its making ours look much better in comparison
    You aren't up-to-date, then, on what's happening here?

If Bush is "dragging" the economy, he's dragging it uphill, because that is the direction it's going.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    The economy actually has had tremendous numbers recently. All favorable.
    (GDP, consumer confidence, etc.) I would have to say employment is the area that needs much improvement now.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #90
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oddly enough, as the "economic indicators" take an upward swing, Colorado posts another record year for bankruptcies.

There is a disconnect between "indicator" and application, apparently.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast