Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies that made us cry

Poster
    Only one to date is Saving Private Ryan - the very end when he's an old man with his family standing by his friends grave stones. Get's me every time.

2. Movies & TV   -   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by axxxxa View Post
    E.T. I was 9 at the time
    Me too, I was 5.

I know some other movies have gotten to me emotionally (can't remember them off the top of my head). It really depends on the watching environment if an emotional movie can make me (or anyone) shed a tear. I always try to watch movies in the dark (alone or with gf). I don't like watching movies with many people around.

"Million Dollar Baby" got to me during the hospital bed seen at the end. If I watched that in the theaters, it probably would not have had the same effect.
    "Definitely Maybe" and "Winter's Tale" got a tear.

3. Movies & TV   -   #53
    Mustermann's Avatar Poster
    You should visit this place in france, its astonishing and makes the whole thing...much more real. The war and the death of many brave man (on all sides), not the movie of course (wich is great, by the way).

4. Movies & TV   -   #54
    The fault of our stars, Dear John, Interstellar, Forest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, Saving Pirate Ryan.

5. Movies & TV   -   #55
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by ryansege View Post
    The fault of our stars, Dear John, Interstellar, Forest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, Saving Pirate Ryan.
    You seem to cry a lot, miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #56
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ryansege View Post
    Shawshank Redemption
    (Cry yes, but smile in elation at ending.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 04-04-2018 at 08:34 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Movies & TV   -   #57
    I got a little verklempt when watching "Winter's Tale", the scene near the end when Colin Farrell's character meats the old Willa. Not a good movie, but entertaining.

8. Movies & TV   -   #58
    The Notebook directed by Nick Cassavetes

9. Movies & TV   -   #59
    I am not sure about any movie that I watched and cried, but yes recently watched the two seasons of This is Us by Nbc and I cried like crazy. I would recommend everyone who have not watched it yet. Must do.

10. Movies & TV   -   #60
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I recommend This is Us to anyone who is ghey or obese.

Basically Meg.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast