Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvd Region Issues (ultimately A Hardware Issue)

GCNaddict's Avatar Poster
    this is a hardware question
    :x
    windvd4 horribly fucked my dvd burner up the ass

it changed my dvd region between 1 and 2 every time i inserted a regionless DVD, and now its screwed at region 2. is there a way i can reset the drive/fuck intervideo up the ass for what their bullshit product did to my pc?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PC Stats (if its helpful) btw its an SFF

p4 2.4c upped to 3.01ghz
    Dominator fx5600plus overclocked to 367 mhz cpu clock
    generic floppy
    Generic DVD±RW 4xMAX
    150watt p4supply
    ddr400 corsair RAM dual-channel 512mb
    intel 875 canterwood chipset

god damn... here are the random facts

CPU hacked to unlock clock rates (much harder to do with p4) B)
    alternate fan in place for 5600plus
    CPU heat stats on full load: 99°F (38°C, 311K)
    CPU heat stats on idle load: 83°F (28°C, 301K)
    5600 heat stats on full load (I mean 5900ultra load): 132°F (56°C, 329K)
    5600 heat stats standard full load: 98°F (37°C, 310K)
    5600 heat stats on idle load: 81°F (27°C, 300K)
    number of case fans/other fans/main fans: 5
    number of silencers: 3
    total weight of silencing foam used: 3lb

cpu and system heat scans are within .3 of a degree of eachother.

i kno that half of that crap didnt help you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ending Q: how do i reset my dvd-drive's region?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    have a look here or here

also...i like how you've quoted temps in centigrade, farenheight and kelvin
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    without knowing the model of your DVD drive, it&#39;s impossible to fix. there&#39;s no way it&#39;s completely generic. if you really want to reset the region, pull that sucker out of the PC, read every label on the drive and find out what company manufactured it and what the model number is. then google it along with the words "firmware" and "hacked."

but you don&#39;t have to reset the region. get hold of a program called DVD Region Free. it will allow your computer to play any region DVD, regardless of what region your drive is.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php for Dvd firmware see if yours is on there.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@24 November 2003 - 08:58
    without knowing the model of your DVD drive, it&#39;s impossible to fix. there&#39;s no way it&#39;s completely generic. if you really want to reset the region, pull that sucker out of the PC, read every label on the drive and find out what company manufactured it and what the model number is. then google it along with the words "firmware" and "hacked."

but you don&#39;t have to reset the region. get hold of a program called DVD Region Free. it will allow your computer to play any region DVD, regardless of what region your drive is.
    its a friggin GENERIC DVD±RW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

its from IOMagic, but if its generic i dont see how it matters

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    GCN,

I too, am impressed by the temps in Kelvin.
    Nice touch.

What are "silencers" and how is the silencing foam deployed?

Sorry for the off-topic response.
    I&#39;m clueless re: regions/DVDs.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    GCNaddict, a few facts for you.

1. "windvd4 horribly fucked my dvd burner up the ass" - no, YOU fucked your dvd burner up the ass. windvd4 told you every time you changed the region that you only had so many changes left, and you ignored it.

2. 3RA1N1AC has already told you to get DVD Region Free, but you need to find out who makes your dvdrw to get a hack.

3. If you don&#39;t like the advice given here, go to a GENERIC web site, they can probably help you better.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by clocker@24 November 2003 - 13:17
    GCN,

I too, am impressed by the temps in Kelvin.
    Nice touch.

What are "silencers" and how is the silencing foam deployed?

Sorry for the off-topic response.
    I&#39;m clueless re: regions/DVDs.

silencers: things that slow the fans when full strength cooling is unnecessary.

silencing foam: a type of foam padding which is carefully laid out on the inside of the case in order to reduce noise.

if the case is windowed, then logically, the foam is pasted on the portions where the window does not exist.

silencers (hiQ) are generally around &#036;15 each
    search on google for fan silencers or silencing foam/padding

now, back to the subj. ^_^

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by lynx@24 November 2003 - 13:39

1. "windvd4 horribly fucked my dvd burner up the ass" - no, YOU fucked your dvd burner up the ass. windvd4 told you every time you changed the region that you only had so many changes left, and you ignored it.

2. 3RA1N1AC has already told you to get DVD Region Free, but you need to find out who makes your dvdrw to get a hack.

3. If you don&#39;t like the advice given here, go to a GENERIC web site, they can probably help you better.
    when windvd4 changes the region WITHOUT A FUCKING DIALOG INDICATING THE UPCOMING CHANGE, i say that IT fucked my burner. I DID NOT CHANGE THE REGION ON MY BURNER&#33; I DIDNT MAKE A SINGLE FUCKING CHANGE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; WINDVD4 CHANGED THE RANGE WITHOUT MY CONSENT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

ive got a 56k and i dont have the time to leave my PC on overnight to download dvd region free.

theres no such thing as a GENERIC website

there you go, now do you know WHY i started this topic in the first place&#33;?&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by GCNaddict+24 November 2003 - 18:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GCNaddict @ 24 November 2003 - 18:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@24 November 2003 - 13:39

1. "windvd4 horribly fucked my dvd burner up the ass" - no, YOU fucked your dvd burner up the ass.&nbsp; windvd4 told you every time you changed the region that you only had so many changes left, and you ignored it.

when windvd4 changes the region WITHOUT A FUCKING DIALOG INDICATING THE UPCOMING CHANGE, i say that IT fucked my burner. I DID NOT CHANGE THE REGION ON MY BURNER&#33; I DIDNT MAKE A SINGLE FUCKING CHANGE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; WINDVD4 CHANGED THE RANGE WITHOUT MY CONSENT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

ive got a 56k and i dont have the time to leave my PC on overnight to download dvd region free.

theres no such thing as a GENERIC website

there you go, now do you know WHY i started this topic in the first place&#33;?&#33; [/b][/quote]
    There&#39;s also no such thing as a GENERIC DVD±RW.

You&#39;ve been given the advice but you don&#39;t want to listen to it or provide yourself with the available remedies, so I can&#39;t figure out why you started this topic.

I can only assume you wanted to demonstrate to all of us what a total fuck-wit you are.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast