Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: How to reply to a post??

Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    I`m not a marriage counselor but you two are a nice couple, kiss and make up.

Shaina - I don`t like and/or tolerate racist stuff either but this is a public board/forum so you`ll need to ignore the odd bad (and I really assume not intended offend) comments. If this turns out to be NAZI HQ then I`ll bail too.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribley View Post

Shaina - I don`t like and/or tolerate racist stuff either but this is a public board/forum so you`ll need to ignore the odd bad (and I really assume not intended offend) comments. If this turns out to be NAZI HQ then I`ll bail too.
    I am hoping he is not but the way he posts makes me nervous

but his ways are not going to get more people to post on what I think is a pretty good nzb site

I just don't like to see that kind of shit on sites like these and to be honest this is the first

If I want to see that kind of shit I go to I24 news or Aljeezera news

then you see lots of hate shit going back and forth

it is not the issue to bail or not

it is to think first before you post even if you are thinking about it in you mind

try not to post it

that's what I do and it seems to work almost always but he really got to me

I don't want to offend anyone else not my way dumb question asked or not

saw you posted just out the door for a bit

will talk later

you can show me how to pm here later too

I would appreciate it

thanks
    Last edited by shaina; 03-20-2015 at 04:37 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

Only grammar Nazis here.

Consider the conversations here the equivalent of boys playing ball on a playground. We play rough sometimes; other times philosophical. Offense is always decided by the reader. Get pushed, push back, or use your 'opponent's' energy against him. There's always the option to start a new game, and move the inertia in a more kind direction.

Just remember: no one has ever had complete control of the playground. Create a game, and others will decide the rules. Adults with whistles rarely step in to break things up.

Casual racism gets thrown around from time to time. Once you get to know people here, you'll understand the tone a bit better. I know of no one who actually has hatred/malice in their heart. Those who do (he's referred to as 'Dave') get beaten down HARD.

BTW, if the 'game' of the day becomes football, beware of Idol as quarterback- he's been known to fondle the balls of the center before the snap.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Only grammar Nazis here.
    I missed a "to" :S..... I program fine and can type proficiently but my spelling and grammar suck, was my worst grade at school was English (GCSE C grade for those other few Brits)

Anyway we made the language, so just put up with my crappy version or my proud country will come over there and ask you nicely to do so.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    shaina's Avatar Poster

Only grammar Nazis here.

Consider the conversations here the equivalent of boys playing ball on a playground. We play rough sometimes; other times philosophical. Offense is always decided by the reader. Get pushed, push back, or use your 'opponent's' energy against him. There's always the option to start a new game, and move the inertia in a more kind direction.

Just remember: no one has ever had complete control of the playground. Create a game, and others will decide the rules. Adults with whistles rarely step in to break things up.

Casual racism gets thrown around from time to time. Once you get to know people here, you'll understand the tone a bit better. I know of no one who actually has hatred/malice in their heart. Those who do (he's referred to as 'Dave') get beaten down HARD.

BTW, if the 'game' of the day becomes football, beware of Idol as quarterback- he's been known to fondle the balls of the center before the snap.
    nice to see you back I just got back driving the wife all over the place

hope your day of work went well

I understand that things can be said and have a different meaning and I appreciate that

I was just trying to say think before you type

it makes for a peaceful conversation and my opinion many more

there are other sites to talk like that open and freely and those sites you can take it or leave it

you want peaceful and fun posters here , this is not the place to talk like that

it does bring up red flags

I may be the one who does bring it out and maybe get more people to post peaceful I am assuming that is the goal here right???

I apologize for lashing out and I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone

but you are a perfect example of twisted peaceful talk you can push buttons but I am not leaving because of you

and I think that makes a great forum

agree or not that's the way I feel

and I would like to keep posting and making friends here if it is made hard to do that then you loose another

but again I say peaceful not hostel

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Since I'm laying out the SOPs here, most language corrections are made in effort to help push back the tide of sloppiness, laziness, and flat out illiteracy.

The norms are enforced because there are A LOT of idiots who wander through. We may not always have intellectual conversations here, but it is nice to know those participating can hold their own.

That said, it is remarkable the amount of actual brainpower is available here when requested...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    You post often which is good.... but

why do you

post responses

over many

lines?

and when

you

quote would you mind

just including the bit

you actually are responding too?

I think you`ll be a great resource for the board so don`t take this too harsh, your posts are just really hard to relate to the way you lay then out.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    shaina's Avatar Poster

Only grammar Nazis here.

and to add please tell me you don't think that his words were casual words

in any normal mind the would not think it was casual ???

it had thought before it was typed and that's what is scary

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    it does bring up red flags
    It is certainly fair for you to evaluate us, as well. I will tell you this is not a place where people have thin skins. We give; we get back. The lows are low; the highs can be stimulating.

It is a place of open speech, where we tell dirty, offensive jokes and poke each other in the eye occasionally.

We are a dive bar filled with smart, foul-mouthed ruffients. And Idol who typically represents our feminine perspective ...

10. Lounge   -   #70
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    You post often which is good.... but

why do you

post responses

over many

lines?

and when

you

quote would you mind

just including the bit

you actually are responding too?

I think you`ll be a great resource for the board so don`t take this too harsh, your posts are just really hard to relate to the way you lay then out.
    sorry about that you can see I am new to this posting stuff, and I am kind of enjoying it
    when it comes to posting call me newbie when my thought changes instead of punctuation I just change lines of thoughts sorry may be a bad habit
    that's what I do

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast