Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Copy Windows Xp

Originally posted by clocker@26 November 2003 - 00:31
    Russo, this is your first post in this thread...
    If its XP home , you wont be able to install it on another PC anyway
    Since then, you've claimed that "you read" or "people have told you", etc., etc. why it's NOT possible to use Windows Update with a pirated copy of XP.

Admit it, you were wrong.
    True, but if you read all the posts in context (since i usually give short responses to every topic) you can see what the point was. most people dont give long dissertations to a topic

you can see my point was , the reason you "cant install home" on two PCs was because of the updating problems and reg fixes etc.. that most of you people are admitting you had to do to get a legit update

So why not just get Pro Corp

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    Originally posted by Russo@24 November 2003 - 20:11
    Where do you people get your info from. how do you think Microsoft determines if your Key lines up with your MAC address and hardware IDs. when you go to the update page MS reads your ID and determines if its registered yet. if its not registered you dont get your updates.

Why do you think the Service Packs are available as seperate releases underground on P2P netwroks. because thats the ONLY way to update a XP machine that is not registered by MS

You need to do some more research

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Russo@25 November 2003 - 17:45

you can see my point was , the reason you "cant install home" on two PCs was because of the updating problems and reg fixes etc.. that most of you people are admitting you had to do to get a legit update

So why not just get Pro Corp
    Russo,
    I have been following this thread from it's inception and have read all the responses in context.

Had you merely said "get Corp and bypass the problems " from the get go, we wouldn't be having this little chat.
    But, of course, you didn't.

Your Mr. Bojangles act is very good.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    internet.news
    interesting...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    Poster
    Originally posted by Russo@25 November 2003 - 17:45

MS themselves suggest this to people having problems with windows update. It's not some elite hacker trick, it's just as valid as any hotfix MS has ever released. Some people have taken it a step further and scripted it into a batch file but the fix is still authored by MS.

There are NO problems installing and updating. Period!

Home, Pro, Corp, it works for all just the same.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    Originally posted by internet.news@26 November 2003 - 00:54
    interesting...
    I must say my friend, just how much i enjoy reading your posts. Whether intentionally or not, they nearly always make me laugh.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    As i said i got all my info form other people/boards/websites. you never once heard me i say i know these things from personal experiences.

And clearly the few people i have been talking to here are saying installing and updating Home is versy easy.

And if, from your downloading of "legit" updates, your serial gets banned. will you admit it in these forums

8. Software & Hardware   -   #58
    Originally posted by LTJBukem+25 November 2003 - 17:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem @ 25 November 2003 - 17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@26 November 2003 - 00:54
    interesting...
    I must say my friend, just how much i enjoy reading your posts. Whether intentionally or not, they nearly always make me laugh.

[/b][/quote]
    Oh indeed.

Really move the topic along, too.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #59
    Poster
    Please inspect the URL on this link very carefully

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;EN-US;328874

See this part support.microsoft.com ?

They even provide the VBS &#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #60
    Originally posted by Russo@25 November 2003 - 18:04

And if, from your downloading of "legit" updates, your serial gets banned. will you admit it in these forums
    You bet your ass I will.

But only if it actually happens to me, not something I read about on "other forums" or hear from informed sources.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast