Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtf Is Wrong With Mirc Downloaded....

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Hi

Each time i download a .Tar file they become corrupt and they cant be repaired coz win rar can repair rar and zip file

usually they become corrupted when i resume them if i download them in one shot there in good condition , at least i think its becuz of that

wat is ur opinion
    plz post reply

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I wish I knew, I have a file or 2 waiting on just such an answer

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    make usre u resume them from the bot where u got the first part.
    ice ice baby

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    ahhhha

mostly i resume them from diffrent bots

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yep good idea to use the same BOT

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    also renaming them to .rar usually helps once they are downloaded.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Adster@24 November 2003 - 15:32
    yep good idea to use the same BOT
    My problem is finding the same bot. I can never seem to find the same place. It's like they go offline and my only choice is to resume from someone else or start over.

I have yet to figure out how to navigate irc. I either use ircspy and get there that way or just pick any file to get in and then just lurk till I see something I like. I usually have 2 or 3 windows open and check them for interesting files.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    first of all, of course you HAVE to resume from the same bot, otherwise dont bother

second of all, use the advanced IRC guide !!!1

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=80182

If you only want the part about resume rollback (prevents corruptions, I haven't had one since ive used it) - look here

http://members.lycos.co.uk/yosi123/rollback.txt

hf

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    [quoteCREDIT: Raccoon

First, get the latest mIRC from mIRC.com. I know the following script works for 6.1, can't be sure about anything else but pretty convinced it would work for any later version.

Anyway, Paste the following code EXACTLY as it is in the Alt+r window in mIRC (mIRC scripts editor, Remote tab):

On *:GETFAIL:*: {
    btrunc $filename $iif($calc($file($filename).size - 102400 ) > 0, $ifmatch, 0)
    }

also check "monitor file changes" under "options", and "ctcp", "events", "raw" under "listen" on the top menu of that window.

Notice that 102400 = 100K so if you want to trunc less / more from the file you can adjust it accordingly, though i wouldnt recommend truncing less seeing as 8 KB is the mIRC default and its far from sufficient.. and what's 100K for the 2 GB file you're resuming, anyway ? maybe even 200 would be better o_O

hf[/quote]

i dont see that options in red color can u guide me

Benjamen button

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Thanks for the help venom_il. I had already set up mirc according to what you have. I used the irc help for noobs here to set it up. But I also need help finding the part in red that bawa@Klite_user posted.

Even with this setup I got 2 bad files with .tar extensions. But maybe it was before it was .tar converted. Because it extracted from .tar fine, it was when I un-rared that I had a problem.

Either way, how do you go about getting corrupted files fixed? I went to the link in the irc noob page and it said something about being banned I belive.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast